• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Google tribute to Gerda Taro

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Google's tribute for Gerda Taro, a woman who was noted as the first female photojournalist to have died while covering the front line of the Spanish Civil War, made me pause to think about how easily we take pictures of everything.
Imagine what all photographers had as tools of the trade when they took images like this.
RepublicanWoman1936GTaro.jpg

Google's tribute that made me go looking for this topic.
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 7.13.27 PM.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Meanwhile Wim Wenders has been commenting that while we all carry a camera around with us at all times what we are doing isn't really photography as the results don't have the air of permanence of a physical medium.

While it's easy to write off his criticism of Phonetography as rectionary BS I think he does have a point, we capture so many images that we rarely look at and those we do share are mainly for self aggrandisement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/enter...tor-wim-wenders-hits-out-at-phone-photography

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I would like to see more self-aggrandizing phonetography from our own membership.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would like to see more self-aggrandizing phonetography from our own membership.
You know, There are times when I get done skiing or hiking, or mountain biking and I think...Wow, I forgot to take any pictures today.
Its on those days when I had so much fun I forgot to stop to take a picture of it.

On the other hand, I'm happy that I have so many pictures of my friends and family because we missed a lot of this with the previous generation.

Its all good.