• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goofy Ski Photos

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
image.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow
:huh:
View attachment 7196
YOU WILL SKI PARALLEL, LIKE IT OR NOT!
I've briefly skied some adaptive things tvathold the skis together at a fixed distance witha pipe an bungy cord through the center. So they could go a little wider, not narrower. Really weird. Made it very hard to ski. I thinknit was just behind the heels also.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've briefly skied some adaptive things tvathold the skis together at a fixed distance witha pipe an bungy cord through the center. So they could go a little wider, not narrower. Really weird. Made it very hard to ski. I thinknit was just behind the heels also.

We used to have those in the program I used to teach in. They are supposed to be used in conjunction with edgy-wedgies so the skis are held in a small to medium wedge.(very important to use together with edgy-wedgie or else student could end up with tips apart and heels together and unable to slow or stop.) It's for people who don't have the musculature to hold the skis in position and would otherwise end up in the splits or head over handlebars. But honestly, I never saw them actually employed outside of training.

James

Out There
Instructor
We used to have those in the program I used to teach in. They are supposed to be used in conjunction with edgy-wedgies so the skis are held in a small to medium wedge.(very important to use together with edgy-wedgie or else student could end up with tips apart and heels together and unable to slow or stop.) It's for people who don't have the musculature to hold the skis in position and would otherwise end up in the splits or head over handlebars. But honestly, I never saw them actually employed outside of training.
Yes, that's right they were used with tip clamps. You would think it's easy to ski wedge turns that way but it's bizarre.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
One can tell this ad is from 1963 - note the wording "Easy to tighten, even for girls".

image.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Nov 1987
image.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Another goofy photo suitable for a caption contest -
image.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
One limber guy -
image.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Who remembers these goofy posters from the 70s?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

When I was in high school they actually sold these around here in the Midwest.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online