• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goodwood. Live.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Lotta suspension travel... :ogbiggrin:

Does it surprise anyone that the LMP cars have the quietest suspension setups? That Jag was so composed where the ID R was nodding and shaking like at Jewish prayer.

@Tricia and I were just talking about how young the racers are today,

Do you have one of those reaction time phone apps? I am totally chuffed to be only six times slower than George Russell :roflmao: :roflmao: :geek::roflmao::roflmao:

Of course there's skill - Petter Solberg kept that VW tidy, tidier by far than his son's DS3- but that is the exception.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Tricia and I were just talking about how young the racers are today, not jsut here but in all types of racing, F1, Nascar ect.
Quick reaction times of youth helps a lot.

That is nuts. The electric cars are astounding to watch, so quick.

Haven't watched any racing in a very long time. Are many types of racing open to electric vehicles? If a track is short enough for the batteries to hold out they should rewrite all of the record books. Pikes Peak Hill Climb times would not even be close.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Haven't watched any racing in a very long time. Are many types of racing open to electric vehicles? If a track is short enough for the batteries to hold out they should rewrite all of the record books. Pikes Peak Hill Climb times would not even be close.

That VW ID R is the current Pikes Peak record holder.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Formula E is electric..but there are some things..they used to switch to a backup car halfway through the race because they didn't have enough battery for the whole race. I think they can do 45 mins now but they do have energy management to make sure they make it to the end. And they do mostly street circuits, short and tight. That may evolve depending on what happens to F1...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think we're on the cusp of seeing more e-vehicles with transmissions which will help them out, especially at higher speeds. That will be a thing..

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
This weekend makes me respect Cobras more. OFC having an ex-F1 driver doesn't hurt.

EDIT: except when they do THAT.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have you considered that they aren't getting younger, but you are getting 'more experienced'?
LOL, I did but how many race car drivers now a days are over 40 let alone the Pettys, Andrettis and Yarborroughs that raced well past those years.

Sponsor

Staff online