• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good reason to lock your doors...

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Funny.
I said it in another thread about bears but the end of this winter a bear opened the door to my neighbors suburu and snatched a case of top ramen. The path into the woods was like a hansel and grettel trail littered with the flavor packets and pieces of wrapper. Around here you can't leave any food in the car.

Sometimes if you leave your windows cracked they will stick their claws in and rip the glass out.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
the end of this winter a bear opened the door to my neighbors suburu and snatched a case of top ramen.

Ivanka would have attribute that to the Chinese proverb "Give a bear a fish and you feed it for a day. teach a bear to fish and you feed it for a lifetime. Give a bear a case of ramen and you don't have to teach it anything."

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sometimes if you leave your windows cracked they will stick their claws in and rip the glass out.

That happened to me about a year ago exactly. There was no food in the car, and luckily the bear didn't tear anything up, just crawled back out, leaving glass everywhere. Oh, and some pawprints.
fullsizeoutput_3fb.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Ivanka would have attribute that to the Chinese proverb "Give a bear a fish and you feed it for a day. teach a bear to fish and you feed it for a lifetime. Give a bear a case of ramen and you don't have to teach it anything."

I always thought that it was : "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer".

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just need to have all the cubs climb into the back. Doors close. Minivan slowly backs out.

Best commercial ever! Coming to Super Bowl halftime 2019.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
??? Seems to be a home page link? Where's the bear connection?

Just putting a location to the video. Old Forge is a cute little town in the Adirondacks in New York. McCauley is a cool little place that can have some awesome powder days from lake effect snow.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Just putting a location to the video. Old Forge is a cute little town in the Adirondacks in New York. McCauley is a cool little place that can have some awesome powder days from lake effect snow.
Dude !!!!
Ya got the wrong thread

This is the bears ripping apart your car for lunch thread

Unless that link shows bears eating powdered donuts out of a subie

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Friday afternoon the wife and I were driving into our neighborhood and she made the remark that our neighborhood bear family must have taken off since we hadn't seen nor heard about them in quite a while. It should be noted that we have been having bear sightings all over the area except in our little corner of the world. Well we cooked and ate dinner out on our deck and just before dusk as we were sitting there sipping an adult beverage who should come out and start nosing around the back yard but Mr. Bear. I went in and grabbed the bear spray just in case he decided to visit us on the deck. ( I wasn't really worried but it's better to be safe than sorry.) and we hung out on the deck and watched him ramble around the yard for a good 20 minutes. Usually I'll light and throw a string of firecrackers down but this time I just enjoyed the spectacle.

Sponsor