• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good Read: a cycling surge

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We've done bike price and availability - is anybody paying attention to weight set prices?

Go dig your old bench and bar out of the attic and flog it, get some wheels for those things.
Like dumbells, free weights? I have at the beginning of the SIP. I ended up borrowing some from my neighbor.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is this even funnier if I inform you that my wife is a native Spanish speaker!?!?!?

You have in the past - and yes of course it is. We are left with the inescapable conclusion that, by laughing,she's being _nice_.

Like dumbells, free weights? I have at the beginning of the SIP. I ended up borrowing some from my neighbor.

Yes. Around here, bumper plates are going for $5-$10/lb. ~$2/lb for ancient 1 inch plates. Even home-poured concrete plates are selling at $.80/lb - complete with 'No Deadlifts!' warnings.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
maybe closer into the city it’s jumping?

They are all on the cape. We are 25 miles to Boston and I have seen a small increase in bikes on the roads. Mostly just people on average bikes. Going for a cruise.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We've been in two bike shops recently and, even though we know about the surge on bike sales, to see the empty floors is insane!

We decided to look at getting an e-bike for me because we're in an industry position to do so without much $$ outlay. When we tossed the idea out to some people who were looking for bikes about the possiblity of selling my bike, we were shocked at what they are willing to pay for a bike in this size with these components.
Color me "upgraded for pennies."
I ordered a Cannondale Habit Neo 2. There was another bike I would have preferred, but the incentives from Cannondale were too good to pass up. With the rush on bike sales, I was a little shocked that Cannondale was still offering the employee pricing for shop employees.
I’m looking forward to riding without lung pain from allergies
The bikes came in late last week and we got them built over the weekend, with an inaugrural(short for me) ride on Sunday.
I weighed the bike at 49 lbs (will do a full write up soon)
I liked the color of my Trigger better but the e-assist is going to be a game changer for my allergies.
We went tubeless and weighed the tubes alone, 1.8 lbs :geek:

5D9B3B17-A39A-4001-8786-5D439DEC30ED.jpeg

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Cool - set it on full BRRAAAAP setting and go tear up the local trails smoking Stravatists ogwink

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cool - set it on full BRRAAAAP setting and go tear up the local trails smoking Stravatists ogwink
She will still be slower.;) Just the way she rides. :duck:

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The bikes came in late last week and we got them built over the weekend, with an inaugrural(short for me) ride on Sunday.
I weighed the bike at 49 lbs (will do a full write up soon)
I liked the color of my Trigger better but the e-assist is going to be a game changer for my allergies.
We went tubeless and weighed the tubes alone, 1.8 lbs :geek:

View attachment 104248
Good looking bike! I really like how they integrated the motor and drive mechanism in the frame and BB. Looking forward to the full report soon!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good looking bike! I really like how they integrated the motor and drive mechanism in the frame and BB. Looking forward to the full report soon!
I really liked my orange bike, (and Phil's Acid Red bike). So much easier to find each other on the trails when we get separated.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Do vinyl stickers/ wrap.

Then add Klein decals to trigger the haters. :roflmao:
In Guanajuato Mexico a few years back I saw a young guy riding an FS mountain bike up and down a long series of steps doing some pretty impressive trick stuff. Think parkour on wheels. The bike was hideous. Primer gray and emergency orange and stickers and crap. I was intrigued and worked my way closer to check out the bike. Despite its hideous appearance, I could tell the frame was carbon fiber. The front suspension was large gauge and looked high end. Rear shock was high end. I eventually caught sight of a decal shadow when the light was at just the right angle: "S-WO . . ." This guy had taken a $10,000+ top of the line mountain bike and uglied it up like mad to make it less appealing to steal. And I don't think he was trying to disguise a stolen bike. His skill, and the high end helmet and body armor he was wearing suggested otherwise.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In Guanajuato Mexico a few years back I saw a young guy riding an FS mountain bike up and down a long series of steps doing some pretty impressive trick stuff. Think parkour on wheels. The bike was hideous. Primer gray and emergency orange and stickers and crap. I was intrigued and worked my way closer to check out the bike. Despite its hideous appearance, I could tell the frame was carbon fiber. The front suspension was large gauge and looked high end. Rear shock was high end. I eventually caught sight of a decal shadow when the light was at just the right angle: "S-WO . . ." This guy had taken a $10,000+ top of the line mountain bike and uglied it up like mad to make it less appealing to steal. And I don't think he was trying to disguise a stolen bike. His skill, and the high end helmet and body armor he was wearing suggested otherwise.
That has been a common practice with "city bikes" but also has expanded past that.

Sponsor