• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Driving lights or spots. For example something that gives a better-than-low-beams pattern in fog or driving snow, without giving you that Star Trek warp drive feeling.

Not saying you need them, it was merely my pre-coffee association chain working overtime.

You spoke of getting rails done, and it's dirt common to use the rail anchor as mounting point for LED support brackets. The hard part to LED bars, of course, is doing the electrical switch panel in the cabin and the breakout under the hood - but having those would enable biggie driving lights mounted low down.

The side rails I mentioned are the roof rack side rails, not down below. You can't see it in this picture but I do have LED fog lamps and my headlights are LED with adaptive lighting technology.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The side rails I mentioned are the roof rack side rails, not down below.

Yup, that's exactly what I understood at first go. The anchors at the front of those are commonly used as light bracket supports.

You can't see it in this picture but I do have LED fog lamps and my headlights are LED with adaptive lighting technology.

The implicit question above was "Are you happy with the current light beam pattern or does it have holes or gaps that niggle and nag at you?"

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
So, I’ve had her a month now and driven about 1200 miles. I LOVE her. She is so freaking fun to drive! Really looking forward to some summer mountain open-road driving. I still need to do some electronics setup (homelink etc) and get roof rails, clear bra, and hitch installed.

View attachment 44839
A parking lot? Come on CSG, she needs a better backdrop!

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, strip malls are about all we have here these days. Even worse, I'm pretty sure there used to be a ski and bike shop in that same spot when I lived nearby. Now it's some sort of growing paraphernalia shop. C'est la ve en Colorado. ;)

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

You are correct. However, I haven't had a chance to get some better pictures. I'll post when I do.

Sorry, strip malls are about all we have here these days. Even worse, I'm pretty sure there used to be a ski and bike shop in that same spot when I lived nearby. Now it's some sort of growing paraphernalia shop. C'est la ve en Colorado. ;)

I think you're thinking of the old Eschelon Ski and Spoke in Lafayette? If so, it is gone but a couple of the tuners started a little bike shop called Fox Trot Wheel & Edge in Lafayette. I use them for bike service. This is right the King Soopers parking lot in Louisville.

@cantunamunch Sorry, yes, so far I'm happy with the lights but I've not had it in fog so we'll see about that. They're far better than anything I've ever had.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
You got that thing called a Front Range! Get her dressed up and do some glamour shots before she gets high desert pinstriping! (aka=scratches)

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You got that thing called a Front Range! Get her dressed up and do some glamour shots before she gets high desert pinstriping! (aka=scratches)

I will! Maybe this weekend. It seems like every time I've gotten her washed it has rained/snowed the next day and I've been so busy and traveling out of the country.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you're thinking of the old Eschelon Ski and Spoke in Lafayette? If so, it is gone but a couple of the tuners started a little bike shop called Fox Trot Wheel & Edge in Lafayette. I use them for bike service. This is right the King Soopers parking lot in Louisville.
I think it was even before that in the late 90's. Edge ski and bike maybe? It was in that same building in the King Soopers lot. I lived just down the road in the condos by the high school.

Get a shot from the scenic overlook! The foothills were gorgeous this morning with the dusting of snow and bluebird day! No pics though. :(

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it was even before that in the late 90's. Edge ski and bike maybe? It was in that same building in the King Soopers lot. I lived just down the road in the condos by the high school.

Get a shot from the scenic overlook! The foothills were gorgeous this morning with the dusting of snow and bluebird day! No pics though. :(

HAHAHAHA! I live in condos by the high school. I rented one on the west side for a few years then bought one on the east side 4 years ago.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
HAHAHAHA! I live in condos by the high school. I rented one on the west side for a few years then bought one on the east side 4 years ago.
Funny. Let me guess, the high school still has a marching band. :roflmao:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@coskigirl - watch out for "fun" cars. I got a lot more speeding tickets in my WRX than in my Outback. (Then again, that spans my mid-20s to now 40.)

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny. Let me guess, the high school still has a marching band. :roflmao:

Award winning! I actually quite enjoy them in the fall. Besides, it's my first sign that ski season is approaching. :D

@coskigirl - watch out for "fun" cars. I got a lot more speeding tickets in my WRX than in my Outback. (Then again, that spans my mid-20s to now 40.)

Thank god for cruise control. So far I've managed for the most part to have fun with the acceleration/cornering but use the radar cruise control to address the desire to go fast. :crossfingers:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Has anyone done thicker, rubbery grip

Yes, entire rig. Then you can just throw your skis on the hood or whatever.

I did have to replace the fuel door because a hinge had rusted. Off a parts truck - I think I like it this way. It’s like a rapper gold tooth.

B4275AA4-FE1A-4DDF-840F-B1D8D65B84A1.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Needs a PUGSKI sticker. Oh and definitely get a clear bra...you have a lot of rocks and Mazda does not have the deepest paint.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Needs a PUGSKI sticker. Oh and definitely get a clear bra...you have a lot of rocks and Mazda does not have the deepest paint.

Clear bra has already been installed. Only one sticker on this car. It says #lovewinter.

Sponsor