• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good-bye Ziggy (Stardust)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was at the Serious Moonlight Tour in Philly. Don't know how I missed Young Americans Tour, he recorded much of the LP at Sigma Sound in Philly. Was too young for Diamond Dogs Tour at the Tower Theater where he recorded David Live, dang it, I remember listening to "1984" and thinking it was so far away...and so it goes -

RIP David Jones

He's immortal now...
It was a great show, I lost my ticket but I know was in the first couple of rows on the floor, either 4th, 7th or 11th on stage right. Saw many of shows at The Tower, great venue, so was The Mann.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
We could be Heroes ......just for one day

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for sharing that video of new Bowie song Lazarus. Hadn't seen. I guess that's what you call writing your own epitaph.:(

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never had the pleasure of seeing him in concert, but his music played a part of getting me through some of the 70s. Always had him rocking the 8track in my car.

James

Out There
Instructor
I'd forgotten this, but in October, 2001 Bowie opened the Concert for New York at Madison Square Garden. That event was a big deal. His opening number, Paul Simon's "America" was a quiet number befitting the odd situation of the concert as memorial to those killed and family members present, and a being a rock n roll fundraiser. After that opening piece he welcomes the crowd they launch into a slowly building "Heroes" that gets the crowd fired up. And happy. In what was a very painful time for most there. It was ok to have fun. A great opening from legendary performer.

8861702db99051d066f554aef8205b11416540b7.jpg

paulmcartney.com
image.jpg

PETER J. ECKEL/THE LIFE IMAGES COLLECTION/GETTY IMAGES

gettyimages-2283230_master.jpg

End of opening song "America" performed seated on stage.
His set. This video is pretty poor the full concert is available for pay. Intro to "Heroes" at 4:10.

I

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid