• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good bootfitter in Denver or Steamboat

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
In mid-October I'll be driving through Denver and Steamboat and thought I might take this opportunity to get my boots fitted. I don't know any bootfitters, but other threads have suggested Lee, Larry, and One Stop Ski Shop (Steamboat).

Are there other bootfitters I should be considering? I don't need the greatest (or most expensive and hard to book) bootfitter, just someone who is good is probably all I need.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
If you're going to ski at Steamboat, you'll probably want somebody there. If you're just passing through, some of the front range options may work too.

Closer to Denver, Denver Sports Lab in Golden and Larry's Bootfitting (a bit out of your way in Boulder) are strong options.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I live in Denver, and have tried many in this local area, including the Denver area ones mentioned.

I've heard very good things about the Steamboat folk mentioned. Of your two options, this is the one I'd pick.
Denver Sports Lab I've heard good things about - but for good race ski deals.

It partly depends on what you need done. If it's simple, lots of places might work, but....

I've done well with mostly out of the box fit, for years. Still, these past two years I finally needed a place that doesn't regard recreational or consumer race boots (with a bit of performance fit) as something unusual, or something to charge extra for. And one that works well otherwise, too.

In the end, it seemed as if I would have to go to either Steamboat or Breckenridge to find what I needed, at a decent price. Breck is closer, so it was Chuck at Racer's Edge just off Main Street. Wonderful. As near as I can tell, he can handle anything, and at a down-to-earth price. (And not just race boots.)

Last edited:
TS
CS2-6

CS2-6

Skier
just passing through

Yup. Driving up to just south of Wyoming.

Thanks for the input, yall. I'm sure I can get one of those options to dial me in.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two thumbs up for Chuck Ginsburg at A Racer's Edge in Breckenridge. He's the first and only bootfitter to diagnose my weird anatomical structure that limits my ankle flex as well as address my duck-footed stance. He's patient, very knowledgeable, reasonably-priced, and, for me, the reason why I can ski again without pain (save my recently crushed toes but that's a gravity thing, not a skiing thing). Good luck in your journey!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Nota Bene: I work at A Racer's Edge as a ski tech. I don't do boots.

I highly recommend Chuck and any of our other bootfitters. Chuck has decades of experience, is fastidious and committed to getting you the best fit and alignment possible.

TS
CS2-6

CS2-6

Skier