• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I need to pay tribute to what has been home for us for the last 25 years for my 500th post.

As we pack up the wagon and get ready to head west, I'm starting to get a bit melancholy. The Catskills have given us some incredible memories. We have raised three amazing children, have had a successful business and made lifelong friendships skiing the Catskills. Some of the ski areas we have been a part of are long since gone, Highmount, Bobcat, No Name, Scotch Valley to name a few.

A Small mom and pop ski area just down the road continues to defy the odds. I'm going to miss you guys !

https://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/snowfarmers-celebrates-the-soul-of-mom-and-pop-ski-resorts

Last edited:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good luck on your move. Hope to catch up with you at the Gathering.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I need to pay tribute to what has been home for us for the last 25 years for my 500th post.

As we pack up the wagon and get ready to head west, I'm starting to get a bit melancholy. The Catskills have given us some incredible memories. We have raised three amazing children, have had a successful business and made lifelong friendships skiing the Catskills. Some of the ski areas we have been a part of are long since gone, Highmount, Bobcat, No Name, Scotch Valley to name a few.

A Small mom and pop ski area just down the road continues to defy the odds. I'm going to miss you guys !

https://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/snowfarmers-celebrates-the-soul-of-mom-and-pop-ski-resorts

Wow. Congrats! Where is the next stop? :wag:

TS
BS Slarver

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
1EA07C8A-E9D2-41BA-8F5B-6A4BB0B5EE9F.jpeg

@Mendieta, just a few miles from here.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Hope the drive & move go smoothly.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Maybe, Cat-like skilled carver

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well we're movin out west, to the Big Sky.

To a deluxe slopeside condo

Movin on out to the west coast.

We finally got spot in the liftline.

Goggles don’t fog in under the bubble;

Wax don't burn on the bases.

Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get out to that hill.

Now we're up livin’ slopeside

Gettin' our turn at the tram.

As long as we ski, it's you and me baby

There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I can understand missing the Catskills but you do not have to miss us. I am sure you could get broadband service in Big Sky.

TS
BS Slarver

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Uncle-A, i know we allwill stay in touch, even easier with fiber optic from 3 Rivers comcast at Big Sky rather than string and cups here in Catskill country.
Those I will miss the most are the fixed grip diehard catskill friends that arrive in snow or rain, blower or boilerplate weekend week out. The ones we brown bag with and and have over for dinner. I would be so fortunate to have such friends in Big Sky after the move.

If you’ve never skied at Plattekill in the Catskills you owe it to yourself to stop during the winter or for that matter, any season.

Kinda like mad river glen with a slice of cheers thrown in along with some good old fashioned Carhardt.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good luck CC, we'll take some runs for you this season in the trees between Plunge and Freefall.