• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

moondog-sparky

Booting up
Skier
newbie here...
Headed to Breck on Friday & already called several shops looking to demo either of these brands....to no avail.

Anyone know of a Stockli shop in the area? Or Kastle?
Would love to demo AX and SR88.

Thanks for the help?
Stephen

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Huh, didn’t realize A Racer’s Edge still had demos. Good to know.
We demo what we sell with the intention that those that demo are serious buyers, not just renting demo skis, if you know what I mean.

TS
M

moondog-sparky

Booting up
Skier
Thanks everyone! Will try Alpine & racer’s edge when we hit town.

Appreciate all the help & knowledge this forum brings.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Bumping -- I'm interested in the same thing. Any new players in this area? I'll be in Breck next week.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
For Stöckli, Gorsuch in Keystone, however I believe they have closed that location. If so you'd have to make the trek to Vail to get the demo/rental.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
newbie here...
Headed to Breck on Friday & already called several shops looking to demo either of these brands....to no avail.

Anyone know of a Stöckli shop in the area? Or Kästle?
Would love to demo AX and SR88.

Thanks for the help?
Stephen

You interested in buying or just want top end rentals?

TS
M

moondog-sparky

Booting up
Skier
well...speaking for myself, i initiated this thread back in 2019. at the time, was just looking for high end rentals and the stockli experience. in '19 i did demo the SR88 and truly enjoyed it (have been on fischer RC4 world cup GS cheaters with plates for years), but was not looking to purchase.

BUT i have an update - went to Beaver Creek a few weeks ago and demoed both the AR and newer SR88. to be fair, i didn't give the AR the best out-of-the-gate shot (it was my first day skiing this year). i used it 90% of the first day in a mix of new snow and chopped up crud. i did like it, and i'm sure i'm in the minority on this board, but the SR88 was just lighter and more lively in all conditions. sure, it didn't rail quite as nicely as the AR, but it more than held it's own and i never felt it's speed limit. i guess given my nearly 10 years on the RC4's, i was looking for a fairly dramatic change in terms of width underfoot, light weight, and just over all "fun-ness". so, i bought the 88's.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Racers Edge is a great shop and if you are buying boots its the place to go in Summit County. I buy my boots there as does everyone else in my family. However it is not "The best for anything related to skiing". Once you get away from boots (and Atomic skis and LEKI poles) they have a very limited selection of everything else. Skis, bindings, helmets, googles, clothing etc. They have a lane are great at it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
was looking for a fairly dramatic change in terms of width underfoot, light weight, and just over all "fun-ness". so, i bought the 88's.
It's pretty much impossible to over value overall fun-ness!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Racers Edge is a great shop and if you are buying boots it's the place to go in Summit County. I buy my boots there as does everyone else in my family. However it is not "The best for anything related to skiing". Once you get away from boots (and Atomic skis and LEKI poles) they have a very limited selection of everything else. Skis, bindings, helmets, googles, clothing etc. They have a lane are great at it.
I won't argue that. The tunes are pretty top-notch, though. :rolleyes: Most anything racing is at hand as well.

TS
M

moondog-sparky

Booting up
Skier
i'll second Racer's Edge as a great boot fitting place. a good buddy of mine struggled for years to get 2 different sets of boots to work - multiple "fittings", adjustments, orthotics, etc. never happy and usually skied 2/3 of each day due to pain. went to RE and was walked through the process + new boots. 2yrs later he's a new man. skis all day and never once mentions his feet / boots.

Sponsor

Staff online