• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone with experience using GoggleSoc? Seems like a good idea, both practical and a fashion statement.

Here is one of many in their collection:
5383ED8C-0FBA-404A-99C4-2A606A877D9A.jpeg

https://gogglesoc.com/collections

And the review that grabbed my attentions:

“I just returned home from a week of skiing in the Banff & Lake Louise area of Canada. Pretty much everyone we saw there was using a super cool product to protect their goggles on their helmet while not in use. Meet the gogglesoc.

The gogglesoc is an elastic-lined stretchy microfiber cover that protects your goggle lenses from scratches while they are not being used. Throw on your gogglesoc when you are done skiing for the day, at après time, when you head into the lodge for lunch, or even to stuff in your gear bag if you should remove them from your helmet.

It’s a simple product but a pretty brilliant idea given the number of times I have scuffed up my goggles when setting them on the ground or dropping them from a table. The gogglesoc doubles as a lens wipe when you are out on the slopes.

Gogglesocs come in a huge variety of colors and patterns — my favorites are the Rave Cat and the various Resort Collections. I now wish I would have bought one from Banff.

But have no fear, you can get your own gogglesoc online from the company website. Each lens cover costs $14.95 so you could purchase a variety to match your ski outfit or your particular mood that day, or even one for every pair of goggles you own.

And for those that might be interested in a custom gogglesoc, the company can provide custom printing with minimum orders of 320 units.”

From: http://www.thegearcaster.com/2018/01/protect-your-goggles-in-style-this-winter.html

I asked around Niseko but Rhythm sold out of them in January.

Custom printing has a huge minimum quantity, but how fun would it be to have a Pugskier Gogglesoc!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My goggles go into a goggle bag immediately after skiing, but the Soc would be useful at lunch time or other break times. However, my goggles get their roughest abuse in tight trees.

TS
Rainbow Jenny

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is this just a cloth that goes over your goggles?

Looks to be microfiber with elastic band around it. I finally invested in a pair of spherical lens goggles and dread the hassle of having to put them in goggle bag during lunch and potty breaks to prevent scratching.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I guess I don't go in for lunch, so they only come off when I get to my locker, where they sit on my helmet on a shelf all by their lonesome or get put in their bag and then in their box. The bag certainly wouldn't be that big a deal to carry with you and it comes with the goggles when you get them, so why would you spend $15 for something that actually provides less protection?

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have several. I wear prescription sunglasses and do not wear my goggles often. Gogglesocs work great.

One of my co workers is a rep and knows the owners very well. We could do a custom order for pugski socs. Let me know.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tangent, but not totally OT: Whoever designs the glove shelves above urinals in ski area bathrooms has not put them through proper use testing by real skiers with helmets and goggles.

Enter base lodge. Put goggles on helmet to facilitate stairway navigation. Enter restroom. Put gloves on shelf. So far, so good. Attempt to do business. THWACK! Goggles acquire yet another glove shelf scratch. Please, make them higher or make them lower. I don't care.

Have fun with it. I know it's coming. :rolleyes:

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone who is not using these is missing out. $15 on Amazon. When they showed up in the mail @Mrs. 53 rolled her eyes like I had wasted $30, now should would not think about not having them

http://transpack.net/goggle-grip/

OR - crazy idea - maybe figure out how to make a goggle lens that doesn't scratch when it so much as enters the same room as anything harder than a marshmallow.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally invested in a pair of spherical lens goggles and dread the hassle of having to put them in goggle bag during lunch and potty breaks to prevent scratching.

You remove your goggles during potty breaks? What about the OSHA eye protection requirement during hazardous operations?

Enter base lodge. Put goggles on helmet to facilitate stairway navigation.

https://forum.pugski.com/threads/discovered-a-fabulous-low-light-goggle-lens.6883/

https://forum.pugski.com/threads/best-goggles-for-flat-light-chromapop-vs-prizm.7633/

Anyone who is not using these is missing out. $15 on Amazon. When they showed up in the mail @Mrs. 53 rolled her eyes like I had wasted $30, now should would not think about not having them

http://transpack.net/goggle-grip/

Great product. We bought several sets for Mrs. Grump to keep her being mistaken for a Kinder Kare escapee. Way too cool for Baby Grump and I.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Grump, taking off the goggles has more to do with my eyeglasses and goggle frame interference than with lens color.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tangent, but not totally OT: Whoever designs the glove shelves above urinals in ski area bathrooms has not put them through proper use testing by real skiers with helmets and goggles.

Enter base lodge. Put goggles on helmet to facilitate stairway navigation. Enter restroom. Put gloves on shelf. So far, so good. Attempt to do business. THWACK! Goggles acquire yet another glove shelf scratch. Please, make them higher or make them lower. I don't care.

Have fun with it. I know it's coming. :rolleyes:

<snark> I think the better answer is for you to be taller. </snark> :D

Sponsor

Staff online