• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

maverick2

The 1st 50 yrs are practice - we score the 2nd 50.
Skier
It's time to retire my existing goggles and get something new. My face shape is a little wider across the temples than most, and my eyes are set a bit wider, which makes nearly all the goggles I try too narrow to be comfortable (the foam on the frames impinge on the edges of my eyes). Suggestions for goggles with wider than average frames? Tried everything (I think) in the Oakley and Smith lines, and the most comfortable I've found so far is the Oakley Canopy frame (and it's not great). Thoughts from anyone out there in the same boat?

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
You might not want to, but a helmet with a visor would solve all that. Love the field of vision with my Head Queen.
I didn't know they made those. I'll check them out -- the added peripheral vision would be awesome! Thanks.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Kask is the brand @Jilly is looking for.

I think most brands now have one in their line, even the Atomic Savor line will have one.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Von Zipper Fishbowls.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
You might look at glasses specific googles. I did a long time ago and I recall they were wider to deal with glasses temples. Of course they tend to be deeper, too.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
I have the same problem and recently bought some Cebe EXO's that I like very well.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I struggled finding goggles as well and wound up with a pair of Von Zipper Phenoms. Not sure if they are still in their line but worth looking at Von Zipper.

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
Thanks for all the feedback! I got tired of searching and trying on goggles, so did a little online research and bought a CP visor helmet sight unseen. I don't often do that because it rarely works for me, but after unpacking the helmet this afternoon, I've got to say I'm impressed. Helmet and goggle fit/comfort are already better than what I've been using the past 10 years, and the added peripheral vision is pretty darn cool. Looking forward to getting them out on the snow.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January