• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

goggles with long straps for helmets

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
I just purchased Electric EG2 goggles and the only problem i have is the strap is very short and the fit is very tight. I got a big head. I have Smith Maze Helmet XL. Can anyone recommend good goggles with long enough straps to go over my helmet? My old Dragon goggles straps were ~ 3 inches longer compared to the EG2.

Or should I just stretch them out and hope it fits?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^ :( that too bad.

I use an older version purchased from Backcountry dot com for my 1st gen i/o goggles which is the same design but has buckle ends which interface with the goggles buckles. Works very well.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I just purchased Electric EG2 goggles and the only problem i have is the strap is very short and the fit is very tight. I got a big head. I have Smith Maze Helmet XL. Can anyone recommend good goggles with long enough straps to go over my helmet? My old Dragon goggles straps were ~ 3 inches longer compared to the EG2.

Or should I just stretch them out and hope it fits?

I am a fellow big head (or as Dad used to say "it's not big, it's just unusually shaped" - thanks Dad for the self-esteem boost :) ) with an XL POC helmet. Smith iO fit just fine with room for expansion.

I wonder if you might be better off getting some high quality elastic and getting a clothing tailor to do the stitching work, rather than getting new goggles. Unless you can exchange the Electrics of course.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Smith has a strap extender the clips into the strap clips. Adds about an 1-1/2”, which puts less stress on the straps. Depends a little on which helmet you use if you need one or not.

I got my a year after I got the goggles and it give just that extra room to take a little tension off the straps.

TS
O

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
A lot of the young crowd wear their goggles under their helmets. Perhaps your goggles are aimed at this market.

Yes, electric is a snowboard brand based in California. I pretty sure their target market is rider's who wear beanies and the goggles under helmet image, which defeats the purpose of a helmet.

TS
O

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
I am a fellow big head (or as Dad used to say "it's not big, it's just unusually shaped" - thanks Dad for the self-esteem boost :) ) with an XL POC helmet. Smith iO fit just fine with room for expansion.

I wonder if you might be better off getting some high quality elastic and getting a clothing tailor to do the stitching work, rather than getting new goggles. Unless you can exchange the Electrics of course.
They were on sale at Evo, $120 to $45. If i return it, i have to pat $7 for the shipping. I'll probably keep it for now.

TS
O

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
Smith has a strap extender the clips into the strap clips. Adds about an 1-1/2”, which puts less stress on the straps. Depends a little on which helmet you use if you need one or not.

I got my a year after I got the goggles and it give just that extra room to take a little tension off the straps.

Would Smith extender work on my electrics?

Sponsor

Staff online