• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goggles not fogging, but getting cloudy - Help

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
do you ever take your goggles out of the goggle bag or your ski bag when not skiing ?

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Asked Abcom re icing on the outer lens. This is their reply:

Unfortunately, we can make no claim for reducing ice on the outside of the goggle lens. The heating layer protects the inner lens but not the outer layer of the lens.

Wish we could help!
The Abom Team​

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Asked Abcom re icing on the outer lens. This is their reply:

Unfortunately, we can make no claim for reducing ice on the outside of the goggle lens. The heating layer protects the inner lens but not the outer layer of the lens.

Wish we could help!
The Abom Team​
ironically I have never had the outside of my Abom's ice up

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'm going to piggy-back on this subject. I just got some Smith Skyline XL goggles, and did 3 days of skiing no problem. The 4th day I had issues with a strange film that I couldn't see very clearly through. It only happened after a few runs, and I ducked into a ski patrol shack (at the top of the Teton lift in Jackson Hole) to try to clean them as it was snowing outside.

The patrol suggested that there was fog between the lens. I did a thorough cleaning with a Magic lens wipe, and it looked good in the shack. Once I got back on the slopes, it fogged right back up. I could see a small clear space on the outer rim of the goggle lens, hence I figure the patrol was right.

On the Skylines, I don't see any obvious port or vent like I do with my old I/O's. I'd left them in a damp goggle bag overnight inside my helmet, so I figure that's partly on me. I had to ride a bus back and forth to my car to get my old goggles and finish out the day. I left my Skylines on the dashboard hoping that would dry them out.

I haven't put any new days on the new Smiths since then. Hoping to hear any other experiences or perma-cures for this issue??

Sponsor

Staff online