• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Maybe he didn't tell anyone? Where next? Mad River?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Gotta follow him on Instagram. Yesterday was Bolton Valley and he said he was Stowe-bound. Didn't say where he'll be tomorrow in today's post.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Gotta follow him on Instagram. Yesterday was Bolton Valley and he said he was Stowe-bound. Didn't say where he'll be tomorrow in today's post.
THIS!!

This is what he and Kimberly have always done. They don't usually tell people until they show up.

It's the only notification I have on my phone right now. :) https://www.instagram.com/glenplake/

James

Out There
Instructor
He was at Bolton the other day.

Plake said he was the very first ambassador for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month, and one of his first official duties was a television appearance. Plake was already quite comfortable in front of a camera after his breakout in the 1988 classic “The Blizzard of Aahhh’s,” but said he was somewhat less than qualified for his Learn-To duties.

“I ended up teaching the lady from the Today show how to ski, a first time, never-ever-before beginner,” he said. “The only problem was, I wasn’t a ski instructor! I didn’t really know what I was doing. I ended up carrying her on my back at one point.”
------------------------\quote
https://skivermont.com/on-surprise-...-of-learn-to-ski-and-snowboard-month-01-03-19

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Glen showed up at my home bump Royal Mt. NY
I was out west skiing sorry I missed it, but he made a HUGE impression on our kids and adults, skied all day in the woods and even gave a lesson on ski ballet: a friend took this video

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Reports from friends back east said he showed up at Plattekill for the weekend and skied everyone’s ass off bell to bell like he was still in his 20s.
Sunday morning included a early skinning session and more nonstop bumps and some afternoon wall climbing in ski boots.
Haven’t spoken to my Platty friends this morning, think Plake might have killed them but I know that would be how they would have wanted to go !

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the tour is done. Glen and Kim are back at Mammoth.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Just in time for the next Mammoth storm cycle. Awesome that he came out and spent time here in the ice coast.

Sponsor

Staff online