• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anyone care to summarize the past 3 seasons of skiing that I've missed? Extra points for creativity. ogwink

I know nothing of what has happened in the world of ski gear. I know little of what happened to Epic and the birth of PugSki. After perusing a few of the forum threads it looks like many people kept their avatars and screen names. Where were the last 3 gatherings? Anyone get married? Any major accidents? Anyone die? (just kidding, hope not).

I've missed the CO crew and skiing with the Epic crowd. Looks like most everyone has landed here. It's going to take me some time to get back up to speed for skiing (but that's a long story I'll save for a shared chair ride or two), but I'm determined to try to get back on snow this season.
I'm just not sure when..., but I'm going to give it a shot. :daffy:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Got on the lift...got off the lift...repeatedly turned left and right until we got to the bottom then repeated the process.

Oh and this could be good. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Anyone care to summarize the past 3 seasons of skiing that I've missed? Extra points for creativity. ogwink

I know nothing of what has happened in the world of ski gear. I know little of what happened to Epic and the birth of PugSki. After perusing a few of the forum threads it looks like many people kept their avatars and screen names. Where were the last 3 gatherings? Anyone get married? Any major accidents? Anyone die? (just kidding, hope not).

I've missed the CO crew and skiing with the Epic crowd. Looks like most everyone has landed here. It's going to take me some time to get back up to speed for skiing (but that's a long story I'll save for a shared chair ride or two), but I'm determined to try to get back on snow this season.
I'm just not sure when..., but I'm going to give it a shot. :daffy:

You didnt miss much last season. It was pretty bad. Lots of driving, lots of chasing no real consistency at all all season... well it was consistently crappy. It was a pretty short season.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
canvas.png

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks cantunamunch for the word frequency diagram, just checked out Renoun skis and they sound like something special. I know about the Ikon pass, but why is "Shift" a major hit?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You didnt miss much last season. It was pretty bad. Lots of driving, lots of chasing no real consistency at all all season... well it was consistently crappy. It was a pretty short season.
CO maybe; in the PNW we had a normal season. Actually, pretty consistently normal seasons the last three years, since the disasterous ‘14-15 season <shudder>.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks (I think). Looks like I'll have plenty of bedtime reading material. That's a long thread (but maybe not quite "thread killer" level. :duck:

That's another new thing... *whispering* Phil doesn't let us have a thread killer thread here.... */whispering*

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Two years ago was a fantastic season in the Sierra. Crazy amount of snow. Last year, not so much but better than many. The Ikon Pass is new. Boot soles that aren't compatible with all bindings, bindings that aren't compatible with all boot soles. More narrower skis, more mid-widths that are doing more, better.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Two years ago was a fantastic season in the Sierra. Crazy amount of snow. Last year, not so much but better than many. The Ikon Pass is new. Boot soles that aren't compatible with all bindings, bindings that aren't compatible with all boot soles. More narrower skis, more mid-widths that are doing more, better.

What?!!! What's going on with the compatibility issues? What changed? Skiers that know me, will know that I'm a fan of going narrower (and with deep sidecuts)... :)

Sponsor

Staff online