• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Give’r Mittens

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got in on the Kickstarter for Give’r Mittens a couple months ago and they just arrived. They appear to be super well made and I can’t wait to give them a try next week.

FA7DDE14-DC3D-4BC7-8DF2-E0A53D1B2B00.jpeg

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Waiting for mine...

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The sizing according to their chart is accurate, mine fit well. They are extremely warm but I need to break in the leather to get them to where I want them as far as grip of my poles.

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
The sizing according to their chart is accurate, mine fit well. They are extremely warm but I need to break in the leather to get them to where I want them as far as grip of my poles.
Anybody else have any comments on sizing? I am right now on the cusp between M and L. generally they say to size up but it becomes very hard to grip poles if mittens are too big. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal Dunn

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody else have any comments on sizing? I am right now on the cusp between M and L. generally they say to size up but it becomes very hard to grip poles if mittens are too big. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal Dunn
I received mine last week (good timing!). I ordered the small per the sizing and they fit well. However, I feel I should have gone down to an XS because there is a bit too much room (that I like) at the fingertips.

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
That is the exact problem I am concerned about, if too much material at the end then when you close you hand you "fight" the excess material of the mitten rather then have the mitten wrap around 'with" the hand.

Thanks for your help,

Neal

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I received mine last week (good timing!). I ordered the small per the sizing and they fit well. However, I feel I should have gone down to an XS because there is a bit too much room (that I like) at the fingertips.
So, you'll have to wait to Give'r a try?
:duck:

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Thanks for posting this thread! Ive been looking at these but Im hesitant to buy anything that pops up on my FB feed. Good to hear a real review

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I received the 4 season glove last spring and they were too tight in the fingers but length was good. Giver said to put them in the oven for a minute or two at about 180° to speed break in and stretch to fit perfect. It works great! Now I'm thinking about sell8ng my Hestra Mits and buying another pair of Giver's. Just looking for more feedback on them.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I took advantage of the sale and bought their lightweight gloves today. I have some Hestra Army leather gloves I bought that were lightly used that I am anxious to use next season, but I’m also excited about the Give’r gloves!

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I took advantage of the sale and bought their lightweight gloves today. I have some Hestra Army leather gloves I bought that were lightly used that I am anxious to use next season, but I’m also excited about the Give’r gloves!

Well that was fast. These gloves are so comfortable out of the box I cannot imagine how well they will feel when the break in. The mediums fit true to size based on their sizing chart. High-quality stitching throughout and the quality of the leather is obvious as well. At this point in my life I plan to have them for the rest of my days... C594F5C8-27A8-4490-9966-1CAFF853EB2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 68447600-E4B9-4E84-8657-B811D79507BD.jpeg
    68447600-E4B9-4E84-8657-B811D79507BD.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 7

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I love my Hestra's and my Giver's both. Sometimes it's hard to choose which ones to wear.

Giver had a sale? I've been waiting for one and I missed it.

Sponsor