• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
She loved Breckenridge's charming historic atmosphere.

She's not a big shopper (Aspen's designer clothing stores would not be her scene at all) but she did enjoy strolling Breckenridge's main street, popping into unique shops, and seeing the Christmas lights at night.

Not looking for clubs or parties. Low-key, unique bars and breweries are appreciated though. Breckenridge Brewing was a hit.

The ladies also mentioned wanting a spa day, but I'm sure you could find that in any ski town.

Cool. I'd say Telluride is the best fit. But I bet you'd have a great time in Breck, Park City, or Sundance, too.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Telluride is fabulous Mt and Town, Plenty of beginner terrain. Lots of restaurants, great town to walk around.

I'll throw Sun Valley into the mix. while the Mt is steep has beginner paradise "dollar mt" behind Sun Valley Lodge and if the beginners are doing fine they'll love the groomers on SV. The town of Ketchum is one of my favorite ski towns. Like Telluride no hills to walk up/down!
I also Love Taos, the ski week is fantastic for all abilities. The town is 1/2hr away, I never have made it to the art galleries etc.. just dinner at some really good places

Glad to hear the Girls are friends. Plan a midweek spa day for the ladies while you guys are tackling the tough stuff.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, the girls will love SV. Just an amazing place.
Just don't take them onto the Seattle Ridge area. Those were the first green runs I've ever encountered that put the fear of God in me. :eek:

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
I haven't read the whole thread but surely someone has advised Aspen?
Great town and a short free bus ride to a whole beginners mountain. (That mountain is also great for the experienced skiers after fresh snow too).
And it doesn't have to be as expensive as it's made out to be either.

Sponsor

Staff online