• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Getting Savage at the Buck (Deer Valley altercation content)

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Pet peeve of mine: I am skiing into a lift corral with enough momentum to make it to the end of the line (or if the corral is empty enough to make it to the chair), only I can't; someone is blocking the entrance to the corral waiting for their buds, and I have to brake, then pass them slowly and safely, and then walk/skate to the chair. I don't get upset enough to start a fight though.

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
Pet peeve of mine: I am skiing into a lift corral with enough momentum to make it to the end of the line (or if the corral is empty enough to make it to the chair), only I can't; someone is blocking the entrance to the corral waiting for their buds, and I have to brake, then pass them slowly and safely, and then walk/skate to the chair. I don't get upset enough to start a fight though.

I've been surprised at the generally clueless behavior I see out on the mountain. Standing around blocking the entrance to lifts, snowboarders just sitting in the middle of runs etc... Holy hell, move to the side.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
in other news... https://www.deervalleysucks.com

its a real site btw :roflmao:

Picture11_mockup_Front_Wrinkled_White+%281%29.png

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Skiing is getting like driving the I-5 at rush hour.
I'm still reeling from my buddy being killed in a collision and having doubts.
Stupidity prevails on the slopes with no awareness of the skiers code or common sense.
Sidecut skis have low skill/judgement skiers far beyond their control zone.
I'm scared.....it seems this has spun out of control quickly in the last few years.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This makes me feel slightly better. I thought it was only us 'Muricans who were losing all of our common sense, perspective and decency. Apparently the whole world has lost it's ever loving mind.

I'm going to call a friendly BS on that one. Witness typical lift line behavior at any NA resort.

Compare and contrast to frequent behavior in European lift lines.

This essay question will comprise 1/3 of your grade for the semester!

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm going to call a friendly BS on that one. Witness typical lift line behavior at any NA resort.

Compare and contrast to frequent behavior in European lift lines.

This essay question will comprise 1/3 of your grade for the semester!
I wish I could say I thought you were wrong, but..................

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't worry...Captain kirk has it all under control.
Fwiw I grew up a huge Star Treck fan :)

Last edited:

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
IKON'T believe that DV get so much love here. Almost 40 pages on the other thread about DV non-sense.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I have been hit in the head more times this year than all others combined- most times before even leaving the lift station. Never got to fists though.

Happened to me this year and knocked my goggles off my helmet. Liftie said he sent them up by somebody on a following chair, but I never saw them again.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Be careful out there, apparently skiing at DV is a contact sport. :facepalm:

The entrance to that lift area is often blocked by idiots putting their skis on. I saw a person plop their skis down blocking the entrance to that particular lift last week. Yeah, I ski into that line with plenty of momentum. Gotta be ready to stop if needed. SL skis required most days