• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Getting Savage at the Buck (Deer Valley altercation content)

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I don't understand - not enough details in the report. Why would someone block someone else from getting into a lift line?

Gotta beware of some of the old folk - some have reached a point in their lives where they hardly give a sh*t and despite their vast and varied wealth may feel they have nothing to lose, due to recent divorce, other life problems, etc.

The young are dangerous because they don't know better, the old may know better, but no longer care. Not that they have something to prove (except maybe proving to themselves that they don't give a shit), they just don't care any more.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Since it is a “premium” resort, he was PO’d that he had to wait more than 1 minute in the lift line.

***Actually, I have no idea. But skiing is supposed to be fun, if you are aggro in the lift line, you have MUCH bigger issues.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably a good thing they didn't get on the lift together.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This season has had its humorous moments. My wife was on Payday at PCMR when a Brit pulled the bar down on an Eytie’s head without warning . They ended up punching at each other on the ascent with much screaming and cursing while the Brit’s wife and kids, and my wife, cowered and tried to placate the antagonists. As everyone got off, the Brit ended up on his back and the Italian vanished. Typical really!

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
This season has had its humorous moments. My wife was on Payday at PCMR when a Brit pulled the bar down on an Eytie’s head without warning . They ended up punching at each other on the ascent with much screaming and cursing while the Brit’s wife and kids, and my wife, cowered and tried to placate the antagonists. As everyone got off, the Brit ended up on his back and the Italian vanished. Typical really!

I think I have been hit in the head more times this year than all others combined- most times before even leaving the lift station. Never got to fists though.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I think I have been hit in the head more times this year than all others combined- most times before even leaving the lift station. Never got to fists though.

Know what you mean. The big band-aid on the top of my helmet has gotten battle scars this season.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Keeping it Classy!

The Park City Police Department responded to a report of a fight at a Deer Valley lift line on Sunday morning.

The two skiers started to argue, which eventually escalated to yelling at each other. They skied down a run and continued their spat at the bottom. The skier who was accused of blocking the person in the lift line took off his skis, an act that led the other skier to tackle him and hold him down. The skier who was being tackled punched the other person as he was being taken down.

The resort’s ski patrol managed to separate the two skiers, both in their 50’s. Authorities were told the confrontation started after one of the skiers blocked the other one from getting into the line at the Carpenter Express lift, a key lift that brings skiers from Snow Park Lodge toward Silver Lake Village.

Last edited:

Long Hair Hippy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Heck, last year at DV I witnessed 2- employees get into a shouting match resulting in a near physical altercation out in the parking lot.

That was my first impression of DV!

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
This makes me feel slightly better. I thought it was only us 'Muricans who were losing all of our common sense, perspective and decency. Apparently the whole world has lost it's ever loving mind.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Keeping it Classy!

The Park City Police Department responded to a report of a fight at a Deer Valley lift line on Sunday morning.

The two skiers started to argue, which eventually escalated to yelling at each other. They skied down a run and continued their spat at the bottom. The skier who was accused of blocking the person in the lift line took off his skis, an act that led the other skier to tackle him and hold him down. The skier who was being tackled punched the other person as he was being taken down.

The resort’s ski patrol managed to separate the two skiers, both in their 50’s. Authorities were told the confrontation started after one of the skiers blocked the other one from getting into the line at the Carpenter Express lift, a key lift that brings skiers from Snow Park Lodge toward Silver Lake Village.

I figured this story was going to include our resident DV local.......he was pretty awnry last week with all his posts........lol.......kidding of course.

Sponsor