• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Getting back into it!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi all, I'm a long time part time skier. Phil sold me my first pair of real skis when we were in middle school. He also sold me a pair of Hansen boots (thanks a lot @Philpug !) and a Kryptonics skateboard. I skied Camelback and a little at Elk Mountain. I moved to Reno in '82 for college and haven't left. While never a "hardcore" skier, I enjoyed it a lot...until my FiL got me into duck hunting. Skiing tapered off until the early 2000's. Skied on and off for several years then kind of dropped out again. Now that Phil and Tricia live right around the corner, I'm looking at getting at least a few days in this year. See you on the slopes!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome back Andy. As Andy said, growing up we were part of a group of kids that it was "My mom will drive, it your mom picks up". We skied Camelback mostly and some at Timber Hill (Alpine Mtn now) some at Buck Hill and Mt Airy which were both on golf courses. We are building a good posse of skiers here in NW Reno with a PA connection and with the kids that live here. We have. @Tricia @Andy Mink @jwaltz @Andrew @JEFF @Toni @Jasmine and I think Andy's wife is on too, not sure.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Andy, you are going to be very happy with newer boots (he really sold you Hansons), better bindings and the awesome skis they make now. I never went close to a slope back in the bird hunting era of my life, Butte Sink and rice fields full of pheasant. After some 40 yrs of dedicated hunting, 3 german shorthairs later I gave it up and am an avid skier now. The changes in equipment alone has been phenomenal. Looks like Tahoe is coming back this year - have a great year.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Andy, you are going to be very happy with newer boots (he really sold you Hansons), better bindings and the awesome skis they make now. I never went close to a slope back in the bird hunting era of my life, Butte Sink and rice fields full of pheasant. After some 40 yrs of dedicated hunting, 3 german shorthairs later I gave it up and am an avid skier now. The changes in equipment alone has been phenomenal. Looks like Tahoe is coming back this year - have a great year.
Thanks Pete. I have some new skis (Moment Tahoes) and am looking forward to getting them mounted. I think I skied on the Hansons once or twice! Yuck. Been through Raichle, Technica, and now have a pair of Rossignols but will look for something a little newer and better fitting.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi all, I'm a long time part time skier. Phil sold me my first pair of real skis when we were in middle school. He also sold me a pair of Hansen boots (thanks a lot @Philpug !) and a Kryptonics skateboard. I skied Camelback and a little at Elk Mountain. I moved to Reno in '82 for college and haven't left. While never a "hardcore" skier, I enjoyed it a lot...until my FiL got me into duck hunting. Skiing tapered off until the early 2000's. Skied on and off for several years then kind of dropped out again. Now that Phil and Tricia live right around the corner, I'm looking at getting at least a few days in this year. See you on the slopes!
Duck hunting you say?
Perhaps you have something in common with @UGASkiDawg and @Drahtguy Kevin. Methinks you should come to Arapahoe Basin in the spring to talk about skis and birds and bird dogs with this sort.