• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Getting back into it.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Just bought my first mountain bike sine 97! ( Trek Y Frame) - I used to ride my mountain bike daily back in those days living in Chicago and horsing around on the lake front. Man how the technology has changed since then! After months of research and picking the brains of folks in local shops I decided to get a full suspension 29er - I picked up a used Felt Virtue 60 without a scratch on it for a reasonable price and im stoked to hit the trails this spring. i've been riding dirt bikes heavily the last 3 summers but a few of my good buddies have moved on me so i figured i can get on this bike anytime i want. living in Utah i will have access to Solitude chairlifts and i'm only about 5 miles from some great trails in Draper called Corner Canyon- hoping this will help keep my ski legs stronger over the summer - i'm sure the first month + of climbing to the top is gonna kill me but i'm ready for the challenge

IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
I love that old Y-frame. but my 40 some year old self needs wider tires these days!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome back! As a fellow dirt biker, I'm wondering if you're aware of the moto connection with Felt's founder, Jim Felt? Kind of cool. IIRC he was a Factory Honda race mechanic for quite some time. Or something along those lines.

I find that if I'm in truly good mtb shape, downhill skiing just isn't very hard, especially aerobically, so your approach is bang on.

Have fun!

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
I didn't know that Tom, pretty interesting! mechanic for Johnnie O' ~ that's awesome.

I did know that Felt sold to Rossignol , one of my buddies bought a Rossi bike last summer with same frame design ( for a whole lot more than i paid)