• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
My first Gathering was the spring event at Summit County, and, UL was the guide for my group at Breck, which was his home mountain as he worked there that season. I will always cherish that day as a "best ever", bluebird day following 8" of powder overnight. UL is simply the best at whatever he chooses to do.

Heal quickly my friend!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Travel safely and keep us updated on all of your progress.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
As the saying goes, the Eagle has landed. We just cruised Wal-mart (I flew 2000 miles to shop at Wal-mart?) and having some lunch. Eating is quite awkward with super-brace (rather entertaining to watch!) but as you can imagine, he can conquer just about anything. We will hit the road tomorrow morning.

Wishing you all a great Gathering, safe travels home again, and heartfelt thanks to all of you...it’s meant the world to us both.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Really saddened to learn of UL's accident and injury. UL's a "skier's skier" and Although it's been a good long time I remember slkiing with UL many seasons ago at Vail and Breckinridge gatherings and his enthusiasm and efforts to make sure everybody was taken care of and accommodated was unbelievable.

You'll heal fast and be back for opening day next season. I remember you telling me you could do the "Charleston".
I'd love to see you post that next season when you're back on snow.

Wishing you a minimum of pain and a complete recovery. You're the best , a great ambassador for the sport we love, and very selfless in dedicating your time and efforts in organizing the Gatherings for all others to enjoy.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, holy cow.

Tonight a merry band of Pugskiers stopped by to visit Uncle Louie and me. Tricia and Phil explained that earlier this evening the Gatherers did something for us ... an incredibly generous gift to help with my airfare and other expenses related to UL’s injury.

Phil said, “This is a community, and we take care of our own.”

UL doesn’t break down easily but this had him reaching for a tissue; in fact, he’s still a little overwhelmed with your kindness and support.

Know that as we head back to Kentucky tomorrow, we leave not broken but instead feeling very lucky to know you all and to be part of this special community.

Thank you all!

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So glad to have met you UL and looking forward to skiing with you again. Good vibes coming your way.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Count this Gathermeister down, but not out.

What you guys did yesterday for me and Nancy was over the top. I always gave these events 100% of what I had, and you guys topped it. I'm still overwhelmed as I sit here saying good morning to all of you.

We are about to hit the road in the next few minutes for a 24 hour drive back to KY. It's going to be interesting to say the least. A number of you have requested I keep them informed on my progress. I'll do my best to comply with that w/o creating a "woe is me" thread.

You guys have done a lot to boost my spirits. I'm so glad I got a chance to meet and welcome so many of you especially early Sunday morning before the rest of the gang arrived. I'm feeling pretty good this morning and look forward to seeing you and skiing with you again next year.

Go have a great day today, people, and thanks again.

UL

margaritamarcia

Booting up
Skier
Well, holy cow.

Tonight a merry band of Pugskiers stopped by to visit Uncle Louie and me. Tricia and Phil explained that earlier this evening the Gatherers did something for us ... an incredibly generous gift to help with my airfare and other expenses related to UL’s injury.

Phil said, “This is a community, and we take care of our own.”

UL doesn’t break down easily but this had him reaching for a tissue; in fact, he’s still a little overwhelmed with your kindness and support.

Know that as we head back to Kentucky tomorrow, we leave not broken but instead feeling very lucky to know you all and to be part of this special community.

Thank you all!
What a joy to ski with UL our first day at Snowbasin. Sorry to not have had a chance to say goodbye in person and in real time. Heal well and comletely. Be patient and good to yourself. Thanks for your company, guidance and knowledge. Everyone saw a jump in my turns. Big, gentle hug.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Hope the car ride isn't too painful, Louie. Safe travels, sir. Always a pleasure to ski with you.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Home sweet home. UL braved the trip quite well, and we got back to KY today around lunch time. Sleeping is still tough for him (although he had no trouble snoozing while I drove!), and his pain level is much lower.

Next step is to get him to the spine docs for a follow-up.

Thank you again, from both of us, for all the kindness, friendship, generosity, and good vibes. We hope to see you all again at the next Gathering, we'll just skip all that injury nonsense! :)

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@SugarCube you surely don't remember but I met you and UL at Breck about a thousand years ago. I was impressed by how all these excellent skiers and instructors were so down to earth and willing to spend some time with intermediate skiers.

I wish UL a good and fast recovery, and I hope that your summer goes well.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good to hear the trip went well...and is now over. I’m sure the road to recovery will be easier in a familiar environment.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Of course I remember! Thank you for your kind words and wishes!

Funny note: we have about 5" of very wet snow this morning. Our local ski hill is already closed for the season, so all we can do now is wait for UL to heal, and dream big dreams for 2018-19!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Uncle Louie, I met you briefly in the lodge the day you crashed. Saw more than one person explode onto a cat track that day. Flat light can be tough. Thank you for organizing and heal well. Hope to meet you again at Big Sky.

Crank, aka. Marc

Sponsor

Staff online