• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to hear you're recovering. Hope it goes well and that we meet up again in the not too distant future.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
You'll be up and sliding in no-time, @Uncle Louie ! Thank you for all the work for the gathering, it looks like we got a crowd up there! Here is for making some turns together next season!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, up until now it was other people getting wrecked trying to follow @Uncle Louie . Hope you and SC have safe travels back to your van down by the river. Hope to ski with you next year wherever the party moves. Almost made it this time, but wife's job situation changed in December.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
This one's for you UL because in my mind I can see you @SugarCube and @Philpug doing this 'en route to next years gathering:crossfingers:
Heal well:beercheer:

We actually love that scene from "Roxbury." Although we may need to modify the head-bop for the time being.

It occurred to me today that the last gathering we attended (Jackson), I trashed my ankle on the 2nd day of the event. Yesterday, UL trashed his neck on the 2nd day of the event. I guess we can't start anything in the future 'til Day 3. :(

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, up until now it was other people getting wrecked trying to follow @Uncle Louie .
In all due respect, there has been no Gathering coordinator who has been more diligent about safety nor better at helping those who accidentally got in over their heads than @Uncle Louie and we would appreciate the respect and appreciation for all he has done to guide, gather and coach every single member of "any site" he has participated in, and we would appreciate that members posting in respect to this show this respect. So NO! No one has ever been wrecked following @Uncle Louie EVER!!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait, he broke vertebre in his neck by someone slamming the safety bar down on his helmet??
This made me laugh. We are all getting older.
Footrest Yo!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@UncleLouie was gracious enough to start our first day at Snowbasin showing Marcia, Daria, and me around, and spending some more time with Marcia giving her some pointers that improved her enjoyment of that day and the days following. I was looking forward to the tour through the trees at Snowbird with UL. Heal well!

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
I talked to UL several times last night. He's in very good spirits, probably getting a bit of "cabin fever," but still quite uncomfortable as you can imagine. Your posts, calls, visits, and extraordinary offers to help have touched both of us. Thank you all. ogsmile

I'm heading SLC tomorrow morning and then we'll begin the trek back. I've told my colleagues at work, "it'll take as long as it takes" as far as the drive home goes. We've got good weather ahead of us, and that's half the battle of drives that long. :crossfingers:

And, how about this for irony? It's a powder day today in Kentucky! :roflmao:

Makes some pretty turns for us--go get 'em!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I talked to UL several times last night. He's in very good spirits, probably getting a bit of "cabin fever," but still quite uncomfortable as you can imagine. Your posts, calls, visits, and extraordinary offers to help have touched both of us. Thank you all. ogsmile

I'm heading SLC tomorrow morning and then we'll begin the trek back. I've told my colleagues at work, "it'll take as long as it takes" as far as the drive home goes. We've got good weather ahead of us, and that's half the battle of drives that long. :crossfingers:

And, how about this for irony? It's a powder day today in Kentucky! :roflmao:

Makes some pretty turns for us--go get 'em!
First of all, I was sad that you weren't here to ski with us.
I remember my first trip west to ski at A-Basin in 2007. You and Bob Barnes were the only two people to reach out to me to ski with, and it turns out we never connected to make those turns because there was no cell service and we kept missing each other. I figured I'd ski with you some day, but that day has never happened.
Lets make that happen.

Second, from one woman to another, take care of yourself while you're taking care of him.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Safe travels, Greg & Nancy. UL organized the first Epic get-together we attended, introducing us to Breck, where I subsequently got to introduce SC to Imperial Bowl.

Hopefully neck stressing will relieve your back issues

Sponsor