• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Glad to hear that! :toast

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can make that, unless I'm skiing someplace else.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can make that, unless I'm skiing someplace else.

gardenmary

Late-in-life ski bum
Skier
So glad to hear this good news UL! Prayers and good vibes have been heading your way.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Will do.

Probably won't be till late January or Feb though. I'm guessing Perfect North is putting down some snow at this point !

Sounds good. They have started. I was hoping for more but maybe after this weeks cold temperatures we can open next week.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@cantunamunch inquired about my health in another thread, so rather than hijack I'll stick up one more post here.

There are no more symptoms related to my neck. C1 and C3 had two small chips that are probably well on the way to fusing back into place. Two doctors estimated 6-12 months for that to fully heal. C2 is probably fully healed as there was no displacement, just 2 hairline cracks. It's almost exactly 8 months "post fall".

There was also Rotator Cuff damage on the right side. About 1/2 of it showed damage (perfectly clean lateral line, damage below/ perfect above). PT time was estimated at 12-16 weeks and I was about as far as I could go at 11 weeks. My last PT was last Wednesday. I have a near full range of motion now of my right arm. Reaching the small of my back between my shoulders by dropping my hand downward and behind my back is tough. It will probably improve with time.

I did manage to do some light work (construction) in October. No sign of any problems doing that. (well the rest of my body wasn't real happy about it)

My first fully pain free day was September 4th. Almost exactly 6 months after the crash.

We're good here !

I’m just seeing about your injury, I’m glad you’re doing better and are on the way to recovery!

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 2 was great today. Soft bumps on Center Stage.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January