• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Drill Games People Play

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
As an instructor, I'm always looking for new ways to teach skiing. Not re-inventing anything, just creative ways to teach through play. I like to teach using a Space Mission Theme for beginners because Everything is Alien to them. What types of games and activities do you all like to use. Please share your fun!

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI LIKE ME! And then I ski backwards. The kids 4 to 12 love it.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I used to teach adaptive to kids who were really just beginning to turn, I'd get them to pretend to be giant pterodactyls (they all seemed to be into dinosaurs then) and they'd lift up to spread their wings screeching while turning and sink down to bring their huge wings down across the hill. (i'd do it too of course) It was pretty funny to see and hear, but it did work to get them not to be afraid of turning downhill because they were too distracted by the game.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Honestly I make up pretty non nonsensical drills and games with kids based on their personality/sport they play/books they read/tv shows they watch elect. Remember its not about whether it makes sense to you but if it makes sense to the students. Ill do the same for adults or older kids when applicable and assuming they like cheese.

IMO always make the sure the game is a positive on the skills department.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January