• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FX95 HP Screw Depth Warning w Attack 13 Bindings

AltaFan

Booting up
Skier
On my new FX95 HPs, there is a warning sticker on the ski about tooling/drilling depth. I bought Attack2 13 bindings to go with the skis and my local ski shop is saying that the screws included w the binding are deeper than what is recommended on that sticker. I'm guessing this maybe has to do w the Titanal. Ski shopped mentioned grinding the screw down as an option, but I wanted to check here. Anyone familiar with mounting Attacks on this ski and remember what they did?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
No direct experience with the skis, or bindings, but a great deal of experience grinding down binding screws to make them work and not dimple a base. It works. When our daughter was young, she had a pretty big foot, and needed a fairly beefy binding. This is before she was on a ski long enough to accommodate a plate. Years ago. Really easy to trash the skis with the rear screws of the heels. Shop was on top of it. Screws to the grinder. No issues. I would not be concerned. You'll have plenty of screw to hold the binding.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The shop doesn't have shorter screws?
Most shops that do a lot of mounting keep some extra screws at shorter length to accommodate such things. In most cases the shop may not even talk to you about it but just do the right job with the right screws. ......From my experience.

TS
A

AltaFan

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, that was weird. I called back and they seemed to have already moved forward substituting shorter screws. It was Helm in San Mateo which a couple people had recommended to me.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid