• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

604Sean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Oh where to start?? Every cool ski from the mid 70's (minus ski straps) right through the late 90's before shaped skis showed up....VO Slaloms & Atomic RS Team Bionic would be tops on my list

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang...from a pure graphics stand point the K2 255 4 different colors just catch my eye...I know they brought it back recently...but more? Also I always liked the look of the "billboard" Kneissl's of the early '70s. Especially Red Star Racing Teams with the red sidewalls. Has anyone else noticed that those skis have become impossible to find? Does anyone have one in their collection?

Attachments

• poster-vsw-corkey-k2-2.jpg
    poster-vsw-corkey-k2-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Knessl Racing Team SE.jpg
    Knessl Racing Team SE.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 16
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Seeing some of the 2020/21 offerings...there is more than a few of the items on the "Wish list" that are coming. Stay tuned.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Per our recent locking ski thread, would like to see Master revive the well designed combo lock product that had a custom cable hardware piece that snugly fitted across the ski brake section of base to base together skis, onto which one could thread through a normal cable lock that one then attaches to some immobile structure like metal ski racks. In this wider ski era they would need to add pieces for wider skis. Note the hardware piece also had a section to put poles through. The above hardware cable diameters would be impossible to cut with a pocketable pair of diagonal cutters while all the current small diameter retractable cable locks are a design joke that as has been readily demonstrated on youtube can be cut in moments with a small set of sharp cutting pliers.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If we're talking wishes, possible or not... I'd like to have a waxing iron that heats up quickly, check.. feels solid.. check.. maintains an even temperature across the bottom surface... check.. BUT doesn't take 20 minutes to cool down enough to put away after each use.... NOT CHECK!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Replaceable edges on skis! Haha, not gonna happen of course, but a boy can dream, can't he. I need good sharp edges, we live and die by them here in the NE. I also like to ski woods and bumps that unfortunately sometimes contain rocks. My edges get buggered up long before the ski is dead. There's only so much edge material to remove to get things back in shape. A modern version of the old screw on edges or something would be great. The way skis are constructed now, it's not going to happen. Maybe just thicker edges.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
This thread is soooooo dull.. throwback graphics and relaunched bindings. Is there no one here not a boomer?
Where's the jetpacs, the personal uplift drones, the Boston Dynamics robot St Bernards, the teleporters, the dehydrated Mooserwirt (just add water for instant après), laser turrets for line cutters?

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
More than you want your personal (avy) rescue robot (can be programmed to dance to Gangham Style)?

....shakes head.....

That's not bad either! might have to pass the word around :crossfingers:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I would like to see a practical (as opposed to stylish) pair of ski pants with a discrete neoprene "bottom" .
The panel is to take the "bite" out of sitting down on a wet or iced lift chair.
Double points for as many "powder features" as could be mustered without pricing them beyond practicality.

My pair of hot buns are starting to show their usage.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
For ski shops to have 3d printers and be able to make new heel and toe pieces on demand. "Boot soles too worn for your bindings to pass inspection- no worries we can print you up some new ones in a jiff."

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bring back the Master Lock ski lock cable contraption. Secures ski poles and skis much better than just a cable through the wrist strap and ski brakes. Small very small and light, not much bigger than the little cable lock used to attach the bundle to the ski rack.