• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The Viper is too...dump truck..finesse..finesse is important..

have you ever driven one?

It is the most finesse domestic RWD I have ever driven and honestly handled better than mid 2000s ZO6 both on set up in SCCA stock Ax trim. The reputation the viper gets of for being a truck is unfounded. Just there is no drive aids on the early ones to save your ass. You should look at the SL and skidpads numbers and realize that feedback to driver is really good.

If I had the money and some one told me I need to buy a domestic RWD it would be Viper, or the new Mustang GT350.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If I had the money and some one told me I need to buy a domestic RWD it would be Viper, or the new Mustang GT350.

For me (never having driven a car like this - just reading about it) it would be this :

cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I honestly dont know......never driven one.....lots rarer find than a Viper at an Autocross.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
let be honest if I had the money to buy a Viper, id probably buy a supercharged 2 gen miata, and WRX wagon, and still have 20k left over......

I am cheap.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
let be honest if I had the money to buy a Viper, id probably buy a supercharged 2 gen miata, and WRX wagon, and still have 20k left over......

I am cheap.

I always read "If I had the money..." to mean if I had enough that I would actually buy the thing in question. I.e. "If I had the money to buy the Ford GT" to me means I have enough to buy a lot of Ford GTs... because that's the only way I might actually do it.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A few years ago I was in a lineup at a car wash in the DIY hand wash line and in the line beside me was a guy with a Ford GT, waiting to go in the auto car wash, the one with the big potentially dirty rollers. I tried to talk him out of it but he had just driven from Calgary to Victoria and was not the type to take advise from others, I guess. He said he part owned it with some other guys from Calgary. My take: business guy, not car guy.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
167FA31D-56E9-4171-A3C7-EF8357E295A6.jpeg

This was in the garage spot next to mine at Palmer a couple of weeks ago. The owner said that he was able to do things on the race track that he had never done before. And his regular track car is a 996 cup car. And the car he brought the next day was a GT2 RS. You can see my Cayman in the background.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
2014 sitting in a cafe in Duchesne, Utah (US 40 about 100 miles east of SLC). At least a dozen Ford GT 40's pulled up to the stop sign one after another. Think I dropped my taco. Have never seen that many together before or since.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw a lot of fun cars a few weeks ago as a big Italian Rally made it's way through Siena.
very mixed bag of entrants, all vintage collectibles

Attachments

• 20190517_134330.jpg
    20190517_134330.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190517_134906.jpg
    20190517_134906.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190517_134314.jpg
    20190517_134314.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 18

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You can have those GT 40's, the new Tech Advanced Nissan Leaf will make you feel like you're wingsuit base jumping in a cityscape -

;)

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Cool that he is running it on the track. Most of them are probably wearing little PJ's sitting in a climate controlled garage.

Last edited:

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
You link chain lube

There IS a bike section here.

My Idea of a fun car, the Porsche 911 I traded in on a Mercedes 230SL after the P-car developed its third burned piston. Mechanic at the dealership later told me the service rep found a porous intake manifold that was allowing too much air into the fuel mixture. Loved driving that car, hated having to have it towed.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I dont think there is a car more fun than this. What other car goes 0-60 second in less than 4 seconds and can use NJ barriers as jumps?

Change my mind ;)

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
well one you could actually build....and I dont thionk the tumblr actually performs a well as the Baja bug...

The Tumbler does 0-60 5.5 second and weigh 5000 lb...... 14 inches of suspension travel(the bug has 30 inches)

Not going to take it off road, if you can find one it cost 1.3 million.

The bug I posted can be built from 20k to 30k

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
If I were to get a "fun" car today, given due consideration to every thing posted so far and my life experience, it would come down to three choices in no particular order.
- Modern Dodge muscle car, either Charger or Challenger (yes not reliable, but still fun; power is intoxicating)
- Ford Mustang Bullet (although I've never liked Ford's steering)
Genises G7 would be up there too if I could get the twin turbo six with standard transmission and rear wheel drive.