• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Full tilt

LukeCam

Booting up
Skier
Anyone rocking full tilts? I’ve tried them on a few times and they seem super comfy but just haven’t made the jump. I’m in the market...AGAIN, cuz my Cochise 120 make are just not for me. Just curious as to durability, longevity and general performance of them from anyone who skis them.
Thks

CYJ

Booting up
Skier
I skied the First Chair 10s for about 40-ish days.

Durability/Longevity wise, I had no issues. Granted, these were their top end boots with metal buckles and heavier(?) plastics. These were definitely not light. A lot of complaints seem to come from their lower end offerings/boots from 5-10 years ago that use plastic buckles, which I believe FT finally ditched.

Though the 10 flex tongue felt soft for what FT rates a 120 flex, I think they're fine for all but the most aggressive skiers (also if you're cranking out carves on hard groomers all day I'd probably stick with an overlap boot). Did have one random instance where I hit an unexpected firm bump at speed and felt my lower leg and ankle 'flexing through' the tongue, as if the tongue had just lost all its stiffness/resistance for the split second of hitting the bump. Kinda scary, but that was only once.

Only other complaint was how fast the thick and soft liner packed out. Considered an aftermarket Intuition liner, but I just moved on to a Dalbello Krypton. Much better fit for my feet and stiffer fore/aft and laterally.

severou

Booting up
Skier
I use FT Descendent, 8 flex tongue with overlapping Intuition Pro liner.

So far 24days on them(got them this year). I love these things. Super comfortable, fit is great, no issues whatsoever with buckles(they use cables + normal buckle).

I know it is kindof of silly but just not having issue getting in an out when shells are cold is super nice.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have the 2012 First Chair versions. I've got just under 300 days on them. My son has the same ones but probably only about 90 days or so. Performance wise they are great. For me they are infinitely adjustable to fit my slightly bowed stance. I'm still on the same liners with custom foot beds. I usually run the 8 tongue for general use as most of my skiing is off looking for powder stashes. 8 are fine for aggressive groomer skiing but 10's would be better but I'm too lazy to take the 30 seconds to change them out each time conditions change. I have no complaints and I'm a rather aggressive skier although lighter on the weight scale at 160lbs. Durability has been very good for me. Plus it's easy to get replacement parts for anything on the boot. I've only changed out the boot soles as the parking lot ate my last ones after 6 years.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Disclaimer: I like a soft boot. I like bumps and soft snow and the Full Tilt boots are great for that.

I loved my old Full Tilt Bumblebees. The buckles were a pain and not super durable. The liners were good but did pack out after a while (neoprene foam shims fixed that easily).

I replaced them with Full Tilt MaryJanes. Slightly softer but the buckles were much better. The liners were unskiable until molded and orthotics added. Even then the liners barely made one season. I replaced the fuzzy liners with Intuition molded liners. Big improvement! Slightly less comfortable but still warm and comfortable. The liners stiffened up the boot to a better spot. These boots and liners have held up well. The buckles are solid and durable.

My boots have all been quite light. I love light equipment.

Full Tilt? Love them. Worth the custom molding and orthotics.

Eric

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Eric, I think we were on the ball o' spray site and maybe a couple others together back in the day. I stopped tournament skiing back in 2011 or so and haven't been on the waterski sites since then.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah I’ve been eyeing then 27.5 for some time. Had a pair of Full Tilts and loved the flex. But do love the performance feel of my Langes.