• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Full Tilt Chair 6 buckle issue

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am not sure if any of you ski with Full Tilt boots - though I got a pair this year and I can say, the fit is amazing and I don't think I will go back to a typical buckle system again. The issue though I am having with my boot is tightening the forefoot buckle, the guide or track it is on gives and loosens. Has anyone else had this issue? The track that it is on seems fine and when my foot is not in the boot it seems to work.

I might have to send these back to Full Tilt for repair or to replace. Thoughts?

Ray

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Unfortunately, this is a pretty common issue with the Original/Soul shells. FT sells replacement buckles everywhere.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You can order replacement parts on their website, as I have done when I used my FT’s.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
There is a reason FT redesigned the buckles on their new boot series. It’s because the legacy design sucks and broke semi-regularly.

At least they make spare easily available .

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is a reason FT redesigned the buckles on their new boot series. It’s because the legacy design sucks and broke semi-regularly.

At least they make spare easily available .
I had the same pair of Flexon Comps for 25 years. I replaced the shells 4 times and the liners 5 times but they were the same Flexons. Much of the issue was with the buckles. ;)

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I had the same pair of Flexon Comps for 25 years. I replaced the shells 4 times and the liners 5 times but they were the same Flexons. Much of the issue was with the buckles. ;)

Theseus' ship. Phils' boot.

Same same.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January