• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold FS: Nordica Hot Rod Nitrous / 170CM / System Binding / Excellent Condition - $100

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Please find below one of the hottest skis of the 2006 era which I bought and used about one season (20 days) before spending the next 10 years on a work assignment in Southeast Asia. Now back in skiing and turning over a bunch of gear. These were stored in climate controlled environment, so should be evergreen...

These had a fresh grind and spring structure put in. Never any core shots or base welds.

In perfect condition but at this price level you could use them as best rock skis ever if you wanted.

Best things about the ski:

1) Bumps: To this day one of the best bump skis I've ever had on my feet. Shape and flex are excellent, and the XBS binding tech makes them very forgiving of balance mistakes.

2) Flexibility: Between the sidecut radius and flex of the ski, it will make about any kind of turn you want. Flex is very round and consistent.

3) Lively: I had skied a bunch of Volkls prior to picking up this set of skis, and by comparison, they are very lively, yet skill damp. Without feeling "rattly"....it seems the twin cores stacked on top of the ski gave them the poppy nature of Atomics of the time, yet the wood core sandwich made them much damper than others.

4) Flexibility: With the system mounting, you can adjust to any boot length without dealing with demo binding tracks and the like.

5) Construction: Rivets on each end, Nordica/Kastle sandwich construction, hefty edges...a tank. No laminates to warp, either.

Combo of the above makes them terrific tree skis as well.

Worst Things:
1) Speed Limit. I'm a bigger guy but frankly they don't love to go fast (35-40mph tops). Much more of a 3d snow/steeps/bumps skis. If you're lighter, they will certainly go faster with stability

2 ) Shipping skis isn't cheap, so if you're interested give me your zip and so forth and I'll get a quote

3) You will have to adjust (no drilling, just screws) if you have a BSL really different from 285-295 MM.

$100 plus shipping or local pickup (I'm in Brooklyn, NY)

IMG_0269.jpg IMG_0272.jpg IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0274.jpg IMG_0275.jpg IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0271.jpg

TS
PupManS

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Surely someone is interested in what could be the greatest rock skis ever.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
l'll bite. How much to ship to 89511?

TS
PupManS

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like about $63 by UPS, $55 by Fedex, $60 by USPS for 89511. I generally recommend FedEx. Yes, horrible.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, but I think I will pass on these. Sorry for the false alarm.

TS
PupManS

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
06517 looks to be about $31 via FedEx.

TS
PupManS

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Folks, these are spoken for pending payment....thank you for your interest!!!

TS
PupManS

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Folks, these are sold. Thanks to all for your interest and watch this space...more skis to sell.....my buyer and I will be making a tribute to Pugski.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid