• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Front Side East Coast Daily Driver Demo’s

James

Out There
Instructor
You say that as if it were a bad thing. Mmmmm....68 mm skis :drool:
Not at all. But the other skis are much wider. Some people are scared away by anything with a 6 in it. Not ScottB, but the use was a little different. Maybe you should look for a Stockli SC of about 8-10 yrs ago. 63 underfoot.

I wish Fischer would give up the hole thing. i mean come on. If you've got to fill it with a piece of plastic like on the sc. Either do what Kastle does or figure something else out. I do applaud them for their tip shapes though. Head's entries in that market still push the sidecut too far up into the curve. Just annoying.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fischer RC One 86 GT
Did u review that ski?
The Curve gtx is really too light for you. Your a GT. Hell your one of the few who could probably handle the Curve in the 187 or whatever it is. The Von Grunigen ski. Incredibly heavy, thicker than standard race gs skis. Beautifully made. A beast. You're likely to see some on the market as I think very few were sold.
I copied my review from my longgggg first post
Fischer RC One 86 GT 175 cm - "Advice from a fellow poster it rips, it's what you want. Stop here." Well I bet it does rip, but the day I skied it was only for a few runs, and the snow was so mashed potato manky it was hard to tell. The ski is turny, and very quick. It reminded me of my slalom race ski a little. It is also decently wide, but it didn’t ski wide. I really wish I had this ski on hard snow. I was also on the 175cm length and should be on the 182cm length. I couldn’t get a great read on this ski, other to say it was not enough ski for me in the day’s conditions. It was stiff, similar to the K2 Super Charger. It is also a ski with some weight behind it, not sure if its the ski or the bindings. Need to get on the longer version in firmer snow to get a good sense of this ski. @Erik likes it a lot.

Kind of reviewed it. This is from the NE gathering 1st day at MRG. I skied it after lunch for two runs. It didn't work well for me in those conditions. I wanted to be back on my Liberty Origin 96mm (187cm) ski which was working well for me. The longer RC One 86 might have worked a lot better??

I own a FIS GS ski that is 68mm wide. Its 193 cm long. Blizzard Magnesium model probably 7-10 years old. Its so long that the width is not very noticable, it is a very stable ski. It has a 27m radius, so you have to get going about 30mph before it will make turns. Its meant for a course or a very empty mtn. If I get a chance to ski on a weekday, that's when it comes out occasionally. I actually brought it to MGR at the NE Gathering. MDF wanted to give it a try for kicks. He decided against it after experiencing the sticky glue snow we had that day. That was probably one of his better decisions this season.(I mean not skiing it).

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online