• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fritschi Tecton 13 On v werks

Brent.Nass

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello
I have a pair of Volkl V werks and love them as a backcountry ski, they are a little stiffer so fun to ski in all conditions the backcountry can give you
I want to put some new Fritschi Tecton 13 on them but have just been told that they have a H-shape reinforcement area on the V-Werks models that only fit Markers. I don’t like the king pins and the alpinist are 2 lightweight.

Has anyone fitted a Fritschi Tecton 13 to this ski?

does anyone foresee me having issues doing so?
Thanks for your help as always

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
You do want to mount inside the reinforcement area. However there are lots of bindings that will do such besides just markers. W/o knowing the exact ski (length) and your BSL we won't be able to tell you if it will work.

The best thing to do -- is go find paper templates for the tecton and kingping and alpinist. Adjust to your BSL. See how close the holes are. You may e pleasantly surprised.

FWIW, the alpinist skis far better than it's weight implies. It's the best skiing binding in that weight class.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If that show you that the screws would fall in the wrong spot, there might still be a solution.

I don’t know about Tectons, but on the Vipec(same toe) there is a lot of heel>toe delta, so I shimmed the toe pieces.
I used a plain plastic shim, but you could use a shift plate, one of those plates that have drilled and tapped holes for machine screws, that you use to screw the binding into, and hen you mount the plate to the ski, with holes in a different plate.

I don’t know if there are any for Fritschi bindings, but it’s not too hard to make yourself.

this is the ATK version I have:

Sponsor

Staff online