• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Free ticket for your boarding pass

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Just saw this on Unofficial Networks. https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/04/04/boarding-pass-lift-tickets/

Alaska Airlines
We fly to the most pristine ski destinations on the West Coast, including Mammoth, Sun Valley, and Steamboat. Plus, with our collection of twelve resort partners, you ski free on the day you arrive just by showing your Alaska Airlines boarding pass.”

PARTICIPATING RESORTS:
Whitefish Mountain Resort
Sun Valley Resort
Steamboat
Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows
Snowbasin Resort
Schweitzer Mountain Resort
RED Mountain Resort
Mt. Bachelor
Marmot Basin
Mammoth
Big White Ski Resort
Alyeska Resort

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Northstar does the same deal but from any airline. Most of my east coast friends end up on the 11:15am flight into Reno. You can usually get on the mountain by 12:30-1 and get a free 1/2 day warmup. Pretty sweet deal!

Christy

Putting on skis
Skier
Depending on where you ski there might be additional freebies (or the option, instead of the lift ticket) like a free or half price lesson or free demos. They've been doing this for years; we always ski free our first day in Sun Valley and take a half price lesson (it used to be free, half price is still good, especially since the group lessons are usually privates) the next.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Park City used to have a similar ski free the day you arrive with a boarding pass from any airline. Nice benefit for those who fly and can get to the sloped for a few turns.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon. I honestly can't imagine getting up at 3:30am to jump through all kinds of travel hoops to get to myself to SLC or Reno by 11:00 local time (1:00 or 2:00 Maine time), navigate baggage pickup and ground transport, manage to find lunch (dinner?) somehow, unpack my ski bag, get myself into ski clothes, get a chairlift to 10,000 feet above my starting elevation, and not throw up or pass out or both.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did the Park City deal a few times, before I became a smart old curmudgeon like @Tony S .

James

Out There
Instructor
ABasin or Loveland are easy, except for Tony ;), fly in and ski the afternoon. Altitude for Abay is 10,800ft at the base though.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As I usually fly Alaska Airlines, I am acutely awarely of their promotions and receive emails about this, and every time I visit their website.

So what I have learned from this thread is that @Tony S is in fact an old curmudgeon.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Worth noting (though too late for this year), the deal at Snowbasin is for the day AFTER you arrive: https://www.snowbasin.com/about/partners/alaska-airlines-ski-free
I bet even @Tony S could do that! This particular promotion has been the same the past few years, so good chance it'll be there next year. On the other hand, flying all the way out to Boise or the West Coast just to switch onto a plane to Salt Lake might not really be worth it :ogcool: But it's a great deal for westerners.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
ABasin or Loveland are easy, except for Tony ;), fly in and ski the afternoon. Altitude for Abay is 10,800ft at the base though.

Actually, a breakthrough may be on the horizon for me in this department. Frontier has announced that they will start servicing Portland, with an occasional non-stop to Denver. It will be, by far, the westernmost non-stop destination from here on any airline. Previously there were no non-stop flights from here to any western ski destinations on any airline.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As I usually fly Alaska Airlines, I am acutely awarely of their promotions and receive emails about this, and every time I visit their website.

So what I have learned from this thread is that @Tony S is in fact an old curmudgeon.

Try planning a same-day ski at Sugarloaf from your house and see how it goes. :roflmao: