• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Free The Powder gloves

zz28zz

Putting on skis
Skier
Looking for the warmest 5 finger glove w/o breaking the bank. Trying to stay away from electric gloves, elec liners and mittens.
Been looking at Hestra, Black Diamond, Outdoor Research and now FTP. Price point on the FTP is attractive. Problem is finding reviews on the FTP gloves. There are lots of good reviews on their site but that's abt it.

Looking for feedback from users of FTP gloves. Especially folks that have owned them and one or more of the others listed to compare with.
Also curious if they are available anywhere other than direct from manuf?

Thx in adv!

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
They’re great. Very well made and not too expensive. You won’t find them anywhere except direct from the manufacturer though. That’s how they keep costs down. Lots of great resources on their site btw — if you’re wondering how and why they make their gloves the way they do.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
FTP are good. About equal to the Kinko insulated with double palms and knit cuffs.
Check the Gemplers site for the many style and feature options on Kinkos.

I do Like the FTP, they just are not significantly different than others in the price range.

Note: I go through several pairs of gloves each season. wear out the thumbs and fingers. Ropes and stuff.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Put this into google ==> Free the powder site:pugski.com

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great gloves. Equal to my Hestras, maybe even warmer.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have a pair at home in XL and realized I can't ski in gloves anymore. I have the Race AL glove in XL. If you are interested in them I will sell them for $60 shipped. They have been treated twice and only skied in once. They are really nice gloves especially for the money but I have circulation issues and just am not warm enough in them.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased FTP liners for my hestra gloves. Like them better than the hestra liner.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've had my FTP gloves for 4 years and they've been fantastic. My hands tend to run cold, but with these gloves they're nice and warm. Still in decent shape, too.

TS
Z

zz28zz

Putting on skis
Skier
Thx for the search link. That works much better than the site search. I'm sold on the FTP. Ordered the RX Pro, an extra set of liners and the leather treatment.
I really like their site. Very informative.
Looks they will be good for the street bike too.

Appreciate the used glove offer but wrong size. Thx anyway.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love mine, but they are the older gauntlet version without removable liners.

Not sure what I'll do next year. Not a fan of the modest, but noticeable, extra clunkiness/stiffness of removable liners.

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
My son stole my Hestra Heli 3-Finger Mitts from me, so I needed something to replace them. I ordered a pair last week and they showed up this weekend.

I haven't skied them yet, but my overall initial impressions are very high. They appear to be more robust than my Hestras in both the liner and outer glove.

They are stiff, but I expect the leather to break in nicely after treatment 5-10 days of skiing.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been skiing FTPs for a few years now. LOVE THEM! I had old school Kinkos for spring glove that were replaced by FTPs new spring glove. Turned on a couple of guys in the locker room to them, they love them too. Last had Swanys before the FTPs; no comparison. The service is also amazing. I don't see me ever using anything else.

Reactions: BC.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FTP +1. More robust and warmer than my Hestra's. Great price for replacement liners.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
my one complaint are the wrist straps are pretty lame compared to the hestra handcuffs, but you can buy the hestra handcuffs independently and use them on any glove.

Sponsor

Staff online