• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
I am not trying to change anybodies opinion ...

And at the same time I am not open to change my opinion ...

All I am saying is that ... Free the Powder gloves failed at first use ...!

People can buy whatever they want, I know that I am not buying product that fails at first use.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Another +1 for FTP. Love mine, they have removable liners, maybe 3rd season on them? Never had an issue putting them on, in fact I had to go check as I didn't even realize I had removable liners! Now I know, sweet:

But, maybe my hands run cold because when it gets below say 20, I go to the old standby, almost 20 yo REI goretex primaloft mittens with Mountain Hardware liners:
Finally if its warm, springy, can't even remember where I found these:

I've yet to treat the leather on the FTPs as they've not shown the need, probably will end of this season.

Reactions: BC.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
D8B11C83-DD49-4D54-A64D-7FE089DCC443.jpeg
E5D4DB2F-AD58-465A-B9D8-0740F2808DA1.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Fixed my (very personal, only affecting me it seems) liner problem!

I bought some velcro strips that are meant to be applied permanently to fabric. My liners now stay put when I work my hand in. :)

BaconTowel

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'm in between sizes (S/M) and I'm looking at the RX glove. Should I size up or down?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Up, definitely. They'll start a little snug even then, but break in really well. My hand measures right between M and L, and I've gone L and find them to fit well.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
agree, size up. Don't go too small, you won't be able to close your fingers and make a fist or grip and they will be unusable. The only use for too small gloves is if you remove the insulating liner and use your own base liners; and treat it more like gardening or work gloves(or kincos).

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
After closer look - it appears that the stitching is not sufficient ... bad design ...

qVk2HWO1QsO%D+tVFwGu7g.jpg
18T5sIQJQBaTcvQjsLFeuQ.jpg

I sent them email, will see what happens ...

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
After closer look - it appears that the stitching is not sufficient ... bad design ...

View attachment 62753 View attachment 62754

I just got a pair of RX gloves, I've worn them for 3 full days and the leather looks far less worn than the glove in your photo after one day of use. Maybe you got a bad one or something, mine basically still look brand new.

One thing I wish FTP did differently would be to attach the wrist straps on the pinky side of the glove. Mine came attached on the thumb side, and since your hands are naturally thumb side up the wrist straps spin around the wrist to the pinky side every time the gloves hang freely. When putting them back I end up having to spin the wrist strap around to my thumb side first, which is a minor nuisance. If the straps were simply attached on the pinky side of the glove this wouldn't be necessary. I noticed that my friends that have gloves with wrist straps all have them attached on the pinky side.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'd agree that FTP gloves aren't as super warm as touted, but they're a damn fine buy at the price (I have the lobster model) and the workmanship seems very good.

Beerman

Booting up
Skier
Our family have a pair each (4 in total) and been using them for 3 seasons, apart from some additional leather conditioner to stop palm wetting, they have been great.

pack21

La vita è bella, non sprecarla.
Skier

View attachment 62753 View attachment 62754

Interesting, i always deliberately cut the velcro strips from my gloves, even my the most expensive gloves, Hestra / Salomon. I find it very difficult to put on and take off the gloves with these velcro straps, and make the wrist bulky, to tighten the glove i already have the velcro strip of the jacket for that, dont need another velcro straps in same place.

I also can´t use gloves with integrated insulation, having different liners, for different conditions is the best option, during and after the day (fast drying).

Sponsor

Staff online