• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Received this email yesterday from Goode Ski Technologies.

If you are among the thousands whose lives were touched in some way by Dave, you are invited to a Celebration of Life event, March 14, 2020, at Snowbasin Resort in Huntsville, Utah.

While the official event will take place in the lodge from 5 to 8 p.m., please consider spending the entire day skiing, riding the gondola and socializing at Dave's beloved home mountain.

Additional details are to follow, including RSVP information.

Thank you for all the support you have provided me over the last week and I look forward to seeing many of you on March 14th.

Sincerely,

Dawn Goode
I so wish we could be there. :(

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
AAEFE4BA-62AD-48C6-91E0-9F857395E7E1.jpeg
AAEFE4BA-62AD-48C6-91E0-9F857395E7E1.jpeg
Spotted these two gentlemen at Snowbasin today. #skifordave

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Goode poles are the best out there, if you know you know. It’s almost impossible to use anything else after you have used Goode.
Sounds like the company & Goode Technologies will live on!

I still have my first pair of Goode poles that I acquired around 1990. I must have blocked thousands of slalom gates without guards, Just clearing the gate with the pole hitting just below the grip and they never broke. l had some carbon poles from another popular manufacturer & they snapped on the first run.

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier

I still have my first pair of good poles that I acquired around 1990. I must have blocked thousands of slalom gates without guards, Just clearing the gate with the pole hitting just below the grip and they never broke. l had some carbon poles from another popular manufacturer & they snapped on the first run.
So old school. Probably did not wear a face guard either ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Goode was at the show and made it clear that they aren't going anywhere.
There was a tribute banner for Dave and a stack of Ski For Dave invitations. I was going to take a pic of the booth but it was slammed every time we went by.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I had the pleasure of riding the gondola with Dawn twice yesterday. She anticipates more than 1000 people to show up at Snowbasin for Dave's celebration of life on March 14th. Pretty amazing.
Thanks for sharing that video.

Kite Pilot

Putting on skis
Skier
Just seeing this, sad to hear, loved his ski poles, I've had them for many years since they first came out. Glad to hear the company will continue.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I raced DH at Highlands with him in the 18/19 season. He had a brand new pair of his own skis on. He rocked it the course in Thunderbowl.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's sad that his memorial was cancelled by the virus fear. (Glad I didn't get stuck there!) But his planned memorial was perfect to honor and remember him - a ski day.

He was such a talented athlete, savvy business man, brilliant innovator and quality person. I'm proud to have known him as a friend.

Best wishes to Dawn. And the people at the company. Carry on!

Eric

4ster

Instructor
It's sad that his memorial was cancelled by the virus fear. (Glad I didn't get stuck there!) But his planned memorial was perfect to honor and remember him - a ski day.
It was a bummer that the memorial was cancelled but it was the only thing to do considering the circumstances. Over 2000 people were expected from all over this past Saturday & most of the lifts were on windhold. The resort announced closing the following day. Hopefully something can be rescheduled for next year.

4ster

Instructor
David Goode memory video. Released yesterday.
I hadn't seen that, thanks for posting.
Gone to soon :( .

This one popped up after watching the memory video. Just to get a look inside the SL waterski part of Dave's world...

& more recently...

Sponsor