• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ford to Introduce New Bronco...Interesting Date?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah , I know... I'll probably be waiting a long time........But we can dream...............

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah , I know... I'll probably be waiting a long time........But we can dream...............

Well, first, we have to bring the Cornbinder Company back (International Harvester for those of you with no farming background whatsoever)!

Interesting skiing-related factoid: As a youngun, when I was heading out to JH for my grand ski bum adventure, my buddy has a Scout that would have been perfect for the trip. However, given his 9 mpg highway mileage, we took my 65 Dodge Dart, which reliably hit 20 mpg with its anemic, but unbreakable slant-six engine.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Judging by the spy photos...Closer to a Jeep and off roading but I don't think "small" will be able to be used as a discriptor.
screen-shot-2020-03-09-at-4-45-58-pm-1583786833.png

4 door version

I think there will be a 2 door version also but haven't seen any good photos yet.

There will also be a Bronco "Sport"
ford-bronco-sport-2.jpg

The second picture looks a little bit too much an Explorer for my taste. I’ve been waiting for the Bronco to get released. The first vehicle I bought new was a bronco ll in 1986. I loved that vehicle so much I bought a second one in 1989. I ran both of them for several years, both in excess of 250,000 miles. I’m not crazy enough to think the new bronco will last that long, but I will take a hard look at it when it comes out.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The Bronco is out!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I would also like to say that I am disappointed in this crew. I was reminded of this release by a woman the Peloton Singles Group on FB before anyone posted here. Y’all are supposed to be my go-to for vehicular information.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have a soft spot for steelies. Give me the base model.
oBzhOT9.jpg
You're better off with higher trim level and get a set of steelies for snow tires. Also, that picture is obviously a rendering that took some liberties with body lines and stance making it look far better than any production vehicle ever will. The actual base vehicle will look cheap and rubbery with undersized wheels and tires.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a pretty cool little feature...Accessory bar.
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.05.52 AM.png

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
The market is huge for this type of "truck". In the last 18 months, there have been six 4-door wranglers purchased or leased by neighbors within 100 yards of my house. I am pretty sure not one has been off road yet.:roflmao: They do look cool with the top and doors off.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
The market is huge for this type of "truck". In the last 18 months, there have been six 4-door wranglers purchased or leased by neighbors within 100 yards of my house. I am pretty sure not one has been off road yet.:roflmao: They do look cool with the top and doors off.
One of my FB friends is totally into Jeeps. Her husband is the service manager at a Jeep dealer and she has a really nice custom, lifted Wrangler 4dr that will never see mud or cross any water deeper than a puddle in the mall parking lot. :rolleyes: Every time she posts a picture I tell her it would look better with some mud on it.:duck:

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funnily enough I though Ford would be more into true 4x4 offroad capability from their time owning JLR but they didn't seem to ever leverage that. With the F150 being the bestselling passenger vehicle in the world maybe can see why.

I think you will find that honour goes to the Toyota Corrolla
The F150 is the best selling light truck

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
According to Autoline Daily, Ford was taking $100 Bronco deposits for delivery next spring, and the first year's production has already sold out.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I saw a Bronco Sport parked today and my first thought was “that’s low”. It looks more like a Flex than an SUV and something about the proportions just looked a bit off, IMO. I hope the regular bronco looks better( and eventually offers a 5.0)

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m thinking the four-door black diamond. The marine grade vinyl seats and the easy clean out interior appeal to me. Plus, it’s the highest level model that still comes with the standard transmission. I’m not sure what everybody else’s opinion is but I don’t hear good things about the Ford 10 speed automatic transmission in terms of reliability.

Sponsor

Staff online