• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fluri and other mobile apps for skiing

Jay Harris

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Industry Insider
My company is launching a new mobile app for skiers and snowboarders this weekend. It's called Fluri and it's available in the App Store now.

App store link
App Website

The main feature in this first version is showing where you and your friends are on the resort trail map in real time. No more spending half your day texting back and forth, waiting at the wrong lift, and generally getting frustrated not finding who you're looking for. It also tracks all your stats like runs, vertical feet, top speed, and more.

If anyone wants to give it a try, I'd love to hear feedback.

I'm also curious what other apps people have tried and what are opinions on them. I know battery life is an issue, so that's one thing we have focused on (more like obsessed over really) and we've gotten the power drain down to a minimum.

Attachments

• group edited.png
    group edited.png
    772.3 KB · Views: 23

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia and I skied with Jay today and talked abbot his app. It is very interesting and please feel free to give him some feedback.

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
So if you want to use it to find friends they have to use Facebook and the app also? Is there another way to register for the app besides Facebook? I like the integration but it can make things difficult since not everyone uses Facebook.

What kind of battery usage does it require? I use Ski Tracks and that automatically stops recording if the battery hits a certain level. It never comes close to that for me, but it's a nice option to have.

Looks like it's free on the app store so I don't see any downsides to giving it a shot. I just downloaded it and I'll try to persuade my buddies to check it out too.

TS
Jay Harris

Jay Harris

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Industry Insider
It's pretty good on battery, most people are surprised at how little juice it drains. We put a lot of effort into optimizing that since we know it's a concern, especially in the cold weather.

To keep things simple in this first version, we're using Facebook as the way to login and find your friends in the app. In the future we'll have other options for login - maybe even log in with your Pugski credentials!

Sponsor

Staff online