• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fluor wax ban

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Beer league geeks will still be using cheater wax on their cheater GS skis. If anything, that demographic has very high disposable income and will push the prices up higher and higher as the supplies dwindle. Keep it, wait awhile, then post on auction sites.

The local masters guys might have deep wallets, but money tends not to pop out of them all too readily. Beer league crew spends money on drinkables, not applicables.
:beercheer:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The local masters guys might have deep wallets, but money tends not to pop out of them all too readily. Beer league crew spends money on drinkables, not applicables.
:beercheer:
What about the suits they're popping out of?

Canam

Booting up
Skier
How are they going to police this at the High school racing level,,honor system? I am really not a wax guru, but the only time I have seen a slight difference in results with HF is when it's really wet in alpine. XC, yeah wax is important when going 10-50 km. The big thing waxing does for my middle/high school athlete is a confidence boost. Best middle schooler we got wears charharts and twin tips and smokes everyone in SL, he waxes...some sort of paraffin that his mom puts on top her jam to seal it...

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Years ago when the only choice was silver, blue, red or yellow wax (didn’t like the silver because it stained the bases) I started mixing my own wax. Beeswax was added to everything (this is old, old school courtesy of my dad, a chemisty, who also said paraffin wax is good but....it needs help). As a kid I definitely wasn’t the best, but I was always one of the fastest And that I believe was the custom bend of wax and its secret ingredient. Later at about 16 an old instructor (this guy could ski, drink and womanize) put me on to soap as a good wet weather overlay. Good for about 30second on the really wet days, longer on the damp days.

In Banff BC on a ski vacation raced a Norstar race as part of the ski school, 3 fastest times (including all instructors and skiers taking week long lessons) within 10/100ths. After that came a few other instructors about 1/2 second back. Our instructor (ex- national team member, level 3 coach, level 4 CSIA and still young), second, ex instructor from Ontario, 30-40 days on the slopes already, third myself 6 days slope time suffering from knee issues on beeswax and soap. Warm, snow just getting damp day.

Just for the record this group was selected to learn race skills, first run of the week was a selection evaluation run to re-seed and balance the groups from bottom to top. The race group only happens when they have enough skilled skiers. This is where I learned inside ski Starfish turns on a black diamond. Its all about commitment and initiation.

There are alternatives find them and use them.

ogwink

Sponsor