• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Flats vs Clip-in : 2019 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
C6E555D3-6773-48E6-9E8C-B455CA5A5025.jpeg
FIFY.

This thread is pretty funny...on one level anyway.

Former sub elite rider, ex- spin instructor known for 3hour NYC classes, has couple of Masters National SuperG/DH titles, won a FIS masters globe last season & rides this uphill & down...

Even w/o..... I’m w @Josh Matta - there’s gear that helps & there's what everyone thinks is trendy.

;)

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Former sub elite rider, ex- spin instructor known for 3hour NYC classes, has couple of Masters National SuperG/DH titles, won a FIS masters globe last season & rides this uphill & down...
For some reason, that doesn’t seem to matter to us non-pro punters. Probably related to how we don’t understand that we’re not having fun on skis >80mm wide on hard snow. Apologies for enjoying ourselves in spite of it.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Can't let go of arrogance can you.

Sad.

its not arrogance ot be objectively right.

All the pro flat comment I keep seeing is stuff about how much it easier it to not ride your bike. I ride clipless to keep riding my bike.

Better technique would prevent that. Keep working on it.

That like saying if you dont learn how to step turn though a turn on skate ski you will never be able to carve a turn. The technique used between flats and clips in many ways is so different that its point to even compare them. Riding flats will for sure fuck up your pedal stroke. Again with out any objective gain in any part of bike riding. When you can produce 700 watts for a minute straight or sprint at 2000 watts get back to me.

Again the only reason to comment on this thread means you actually care what I other think. If you want to go enjoy yourself on your flat pedals no one is stopping is, and I honestly do not care.

I do care about the misinfo, and collective trendiness that is dumbing down MTBing as a whole. I see many people struggling climbing that would not be if they were not on flats. again maybe slippery eastern rock and root thing as climbing and sometime just flat rolly trails are much harder than any riding I have done out west up. The west has Gnar(heck look at the other thread my favorite trail when I lived in SLC was the LCC DH trail) but none of it up the hill. Unlike most people on here I have logged 1000s of miles single track riding in many states. Utah, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and New York State. The climbing in the east will frustrate many people on flats unless your someone like skills with phil. Even with that said Phils uses strava, and we ride the same trails sometimes and he is not faster than I was at my fastest.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Again the only reason to comment on this thread means you actually care what I other think.
Another reason would be that I just enjoy reading arrogant, egotistic, incoherent, didactic ranting.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
so you like hearing yourself speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online