• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fit pads

Wallace

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone make a heel fit pad that uses a flow material like used in the Zipfit liner?

Davec1

Booting up
Skier
I'm not sure what flow material is, but I have been looking at the following for my boots.

Has anyone used these before?

wrap.jpg

pad-wrap.jpg

http://www.slidewright.com/kwik-wrap-around-pads-sm-18-pr.php

Or these:

102043105.jpg

https://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/pr...utterfly-ankle-volume-reducers-for-ski-boots/

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used them to try to get a boot that was too big for me to fit a little better.
The pads have an adhesive back that sticks to the liner and then b covered with duct tape to keep them in the padding in sheets of 10 for what I paid for one sheet from an online vendor

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those are just a thin foam adhesive backed. Not cork material.
Don’t think there are any add on cork pads as the pocket needed for the cork/gel would be much too thick if not incorporated in the liner.
If that is what you are looking for best to just pony up for the full liner.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
zipfit used to make (and there may be a few of them still kicking around out there) a wrap around pad made of material which contained the cork OMfit solution) it wrapped around the liner and laced into place to give a really secure fit

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Check this video out for an in depth look at adding fit aids to your ski boot:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Does anyone make a heel fit pad that uses a flow material like used in the Zipfit liner?

You can make your own "fit pads" that are custom-designed to fill the gaps in your boots. All you need is scissors and a box of wide (2" or more) sticky-backed velcro that you can buy at a fabric store or online. Be sure to get the wide Velcro, and be sure to get Velcro and not a wannabe competitor.

Cut the soft strip, the one that feels like cloth, to the shape you need and stick it onto the outside of your liner. That glue on the back is very strong and does not tend to slip around. You can even stick a second layer on top of the first for more thickness. And a third layer on top of that. If you find the pads you make are sliding out of position on your liner, reposition them and cover with duct tape (the good stuff). Your liners will acquire character.

Last edited:

Sponsor