• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer vacuum boot half a size too big

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Based on the photos you posted of the mm tape next to your L & R feet. Assuming that you are standing in the photo, you are not a 26. You are a 25 mondopoint especially if you are looking for a performance fit. The benefit of Fischer Vacume is that the shell will adapt to odd bumps and boney bits on your feet. It does not mean that a ski shop only needs to buy one size shell like a 26 and because of the process can put a 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28 mondopoint foot into the 26 and it will adapt. It just don't work that way. Buy the boot that reflects the actual size of your foot when measured in the semi-weighted position and you put in a footbed that keeps the foot from expanding when weighted. By going down to your measured size ( 25 ) you will have a 10mm gap when shell sizing.

TS
M

mft

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Based on the photos you posted of the mm tape next to your L & R feet. Assuming that you are standing in the photo, you are not a 26. You are a 25 mondopoint especially if you are looking for a performance fit. The benefit of Fischer Vacume is that the shell will adapt to odd bumps and boney bits on your feet. It does not mean that a ski shop only needs to buy one size shell like a 26 and because of the process can put a 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28 mondopoint foot into the 26 and it will adapt. It just don't work that way. Buy the boot that reflects the actual size of your foot when measured in the semi-weighted position and you put in a footbed that keeps the foot from expanding when weighted. By going down to your measured size ( 25 ) you will have a 10mm gap when shell sizing.
So mondo is tape measured -1cm?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So mondo is tape measured -1cm?

No - the key part to notice is that your foot should be measured semi-weighted and on a footbed that stops it expanding when weighted.

Then the measured size is spot on, no correction. (Other than for things like instep volume).

Reactions: mft
TS
M

mft

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
No - the key part to notice is that your foot should be measured semi-weighted and on a footbed that stops it expanding when weighted.

Then the measured size is spot on, no correction. (Other than for things like instep volume).
this is so good to know. My local shop was measuring me standing, and a ski dot com YouTube video was also measured standing. But upon checking all the professional boot fitters’ video was all showing measuring seated. And I just checked my foot did actually shrunk to 25.5 when measured seated.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
this is so good to know. My local shop was measuring me standing, and a ski dot com YouTube video was also measured standing. But upon checking all the professional boot fitters’ video was all showing measuring seated. And I just checked my foot did actually shrunk to 25.5 when measured seated.

As Bootfitters we take both the weighted and unweighted measurements of each foot. It helps us understand the dynamics of your foot better. A lot of factors also play into what size someone is in, depends on what they are looking for, pressure tolerance/sizing tolerance, balance.
Just because you are measured at one size does not universally mean that is your size in every boot. I measure almost a 26 but size into a 24 for better performance and control.

Sponsor