• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Travers sizing

Sidewinder

Booting up
Skier
I am interested in trying a pair of the Fischer Travers AT boots as part of a super light touring setup (they won’t be my only boot). There is nowhere I am able to travel to these days to purchase, but I can order online and have a local shop with a pretty good fit guy who is willing to adjust them for me. Can anyone comment on their sizing? I normally wear 27.7 (Atomic Hawk) but would need 28.5 in Dynafit with their different sizing. I can’t reference the BSL because it will be shorter due to the lack of a toe lug.
Would love to hear from anyone who has used or tried the Travers and can comment whether they would wear the same (or different) size as other boots.

stay safe all!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are quite a few online reviews of various Traverse models, so you could check those. That said, your foot is not the reviewers foot, so I would always say: buy the 2 or 3 most likely sizes and try them both. Why not? Many places have free or $7 returns, and if not, paying $30 in return shipping, when you are buying $500 boots that need to fit right, seems worth the money and effort.
If Atomic works for you, have you tried the current Atomic Backland Carbon Pro? I tried it on, too soft for me, but amazing walkability (even with buckles done up). I wear 27.5 in my Cochise for resort skiing, and the Backland seemed perfect in that same size. I did not find I needed a bigger size in TLT 7. In fact, I tried on the 27.5 and it was to wide for me in many parts of the foot.
The Traverse models DO have a toe lug, but you are right, it will be shorter than a alpine sole boot.

Last edited: