• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whitemtn

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello-new to the forum.

I am in the process of turning over my quiver and was looking for some insight into two skis, and was wondering if anyone here had much experience with either. For the past few years I’ve had two different pairs of “versatile” all mountain skis that I had to cover my bases for various snow conditions and different types of skiing. One pair was a 187 Blizzard Brahma. They are a great ski, but I found myself only using them when conditions were icy and fast. They weren’t much use in side-of-the-trail crud, bumps, or woods. In the east, and particularly where I ski, I find myself making fast GS almost super-g sized turns most of the time when I am not coaching. The problem is the Brahmas are just ok for that purpose, and not particularly great when the surface is very firm or I am pushing them hard.

So I’ve finally seen the futility of “versatile” skis, and am looking for an aggressive carver for the days when I am making GS turns. I need something more substantial than most carvers, but do not want an all out Gs ski(already have one of those, and though they rip in the course, they are not a joy to freeski on). So that brings me to some skis that I would love to try but have been unable to find a demo for. I was looking at the Fischer rc4 the Curv in a 185(the ones with the two-piece plate). Would this be a good ski for this purpose? Any insights you might have beyond the limited info from reviews would be great, and appreciated!

Likewise, if anyone has skied the new Blizzard firebird wrc with the plates, I would love to hear what you think, especially if you can compare these two. Again, 185/6 length.

Thanks, and sorry for the book. Just thought it might help explain what I’m looking for!

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Yes, that is exactly what that ski is for. I ski the 178, haven't ever even seen a 185. For the bigger turns you definitely want the 185.

TS
W

Whitemtn

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Yes, that is exactly what that ski is for. I ski the 178, haven't ever even seen a 185. For the bigger turns you definitely want the 185.

Great, thanks! From my experience with Fischer, their race skis have always had great rebound at the end of the turn-lots of life. Is that the case with these as well?
How about turn initiation? From what I can read, it looks like they have a little bit of tip rocker. Is that the case?
Thanks again!

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
If it has tip rocker, I'd say it's no more than a hint. No more than the GS skis have. On hard snow there is tons of life. In soft snow, like sandy over groomed or sugary snow I'd say it's so stiff that the tip won't really bend.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Great, thanks! From my experience with Fischer, their race skis have always had great rebound at the end of the turn-lots of life. Is that the case with these as well?
How about turn initiation? From what I can read, it looks like they have a little bit of tip rocker. Is that the case?
Thanks again!
I just join forum , I know it has been question form last year but I will just give answer anyway.

RC4 CURV GT is full Camber ski .
RC4 CURV DTX has Rocker at tip , rest is camber so I would has 15% of rocker.

I have RC4 Curv Gt and they are very good for Long Gs , Medium Gs/Slalom or short Slalom turns, It is ski with triple radius .
I am 6" tall and I got 168 because to be able to do very short turn ,but even on 168 I can do very good long Gs tuns at 50mph speed ,but if you looking only for long Gs turns at higher speed then 175 or 185 is way to go.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January