• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Fischer Ranger 98's, Bliz Bonafides or similiar

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
I read a few reviews on the Rangers and I'm really interested in getting a set. I know you should demo first and all but I like rolling the dice.

What I want is a 98mm ski with some metal that can hold and edge and carve but also light enough to throw around in tighter trees and will float decently if I can ever get lucky enough to ski some fresh snow. The Ranger sounds pretty good for this. The Bonafide to a lesser extent maybe.

Anyone have a pair they are looking to get rid of? Or maybe something similar? Please let me know.

I have a brand new set, never drilled, of Rossignol Experience 100ti (2016 I believe) that I am willing to trade.

Thanks,
E

TS
Spelunker

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
Bump..

Adding the soul 7, atomic vantage 100cti to list of skis I'm looking for

Prickly Jones

Jetsetting Curmudgeon
Skier
Timely: I'm close to pulling the trigger on a pair of these too.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just my 2c -- but the list of skis you're looking for are pretty different in feel and performance than each other. A soul7 doesn't ski much like a ranger, doesn't ski much like a bonafide.

The Atomic may split the different the best, but not ski soft snow as well as the Soul, hard snow/crud as well as the Bonafide, and be a bit damper (but heavier) than the ranger.

TS
Spelunker

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
Just my 2c -- but the list of skis you're looking for are pretty different in feel and performance than each other. A soul7 doesn't ski much like a ranger, doesn't ski much like a bonafide.

The Atomic may split the different the best, but not ski soft snow as well as the Soul, hard snow/crud as well as the Bonafide, and be a bit damper (but heavier) than the ranger.

Yes I'm aware.

The Rangers or the Atomics are my first options.

The Soul 7 I listed because of a trip to steamboat I have planned and would love to have out there.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have the Ranger 98 in a 188 length. It is quick, light, floats beautifully and fun on the groomers.

The Soul 7 is a do everything, excel at nothing ski. Its surface area is its best selling point for working in powder but all other reviews pan the ski as unresponsive and dull (as in boring).

TS
Spelunker

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
I have the Ranger 98 in a 188 length. It is quick, light, floats beautifully and fun on the groomers.

The Soul 7 is a do everything, excel at nothing ski. Its surface area is its best selling point for working in powder but all other reviews pan the ski as unresponsive and dull (as in boring).

You want to sell your Rangers?:crossfingers: I'm just going to hold out until I could find a set for a decent price.

Not sure if I want the 180 or the 188 though. My skills are probably more geared towards the 180 but my fat ass (215lbs) probably needs the 188s.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Um, no. You don't want them. They went from brand new to this:

20161226_084457_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

20161226_084441_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

20161226_084428_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

To this:

20161226_234719_Lincoln Avenue.jpg

20161226_233222_Lincoln Avenue.jpg

I used them all last season in the repaired state. They are solid and I plan to continue using them.

Last edited:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The Ranger is a great all arounder. The 188 isnt to much ski even for eastern trees...

The Bonafide is a crud monster and slightly better on hardpack than the ranger.

The Enforcer 100 is the best in powder out of the 98-100 class.

The QST 99 is extremely playful has better edge grip than the Enforcer, and better in powder than the Bonafide.

The Soul 7 is not comparable to any of the above.

James

Out There
Instructor
I think your joke writing is being highly questioned. At this point might as well do another. Got a vintage customer ski boot that cracked and is missing the heel or something? Use the list price from the 70's/80's.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have a pair of first year Ranger 98's in a 180. Mounted with Pivot 12's for a 305 boot sole. Moderate use, no major edge dings or base gouges. Edges and bases in perfect condition. Tops in good condition. Used them as a touring ski for the first 2 years (so the looks are the 2nd set of bindings on the skis) and then sparingly as a soft snow ski in the east. Located in Vermont. Let me know if you are interested. I don't have a price in mind, but will price to sell.

TS
Spelunker

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
I have a pair of first year Ranger 98's in a 180. Mounted with Pivot 12's for a 305 boot sole. Moderate use, no major edge dings or base gouges. Edges and bases in perfect condition. Tops in good condition. Used them as a touring ski for the first 2 years (so the looks are the 2nd set of bindings on the skis) and then sparingly as a soft snow ski in the east. Located in Vermont. Let me know if you are interested. I don't have a price in mind, but will price to sell.

Check your inbox!

Sponsor