• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Ranger 106 Ti - binding mount position

Paul Tocko

Booting up
Skier
Looking for some guidance on binding mount position for the subject ski - 2015 Fischer Ranger 106 Ti in 190cm's. Mark on the ski looks awfully far back - but looking at this ski it does have tip rocker with no or very little tail rocker so a more rearward mount may make sense to be more centered on the effective running surface. These will be a pretty dedicated powder ski - mounting with Attack 16's (non demo). I picked these up for basically free - just looking for some opinions from people that have skied them or know them on a good binding mount starting point. Thanks for the help!!!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Mount them with the boot midsole mark aligned with the narrowest point of the sidecut (also the thickest point of the profile).

TS
Paul Tocko

Paul Tocko

Booting up
Skier
Noodler - yes, I've "explored" that method. Seems as if the narrowest part of the side cut stays narrow for about 2.5 - 3cm's. The thickest part of the ski (which also coincides with the mark on the ski) is at the forward part of this section. The line may be as good a starting point as any...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Go with the mark on the ski. I haven't skied this ski in particular but Fischer tends to know where to mount the skis.

Nota Bene: I work at a shop that is a Fischer Race Center. We sell a lot of Fischers. No one has come back and said their mount was 'off' when it was on the recommended mark.

TS
Paul Tocko

Paul Tocko

Booting up
Skier
Doug - Thanks, unless I get a really (backed up with "fact") contrary view in the next day I'm just going to mount on the mark. Carving skis / race skis I have much more confidence in where I would probably want to mount based on sidecut / camber. Fat boards with lots of rocker - no idea.

Appreciate you weighing in!!!!

Paul

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Agree with others for puttting them on the line.

The only reason to move off the recommended line with a Fisher free Ride ski is if it’s the newer twin tip like the Ranger 102 FR and you might move it forward a cm or 2 to make them more playful if you’re more of a freestyle biased skier. The Ranger 94 FR is already moved more forward compared to the 102 FR so the line on the 94FR.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mount it on the line, unless you have a lot of experience moving bindings forward (especially on directional skis) I would also go with what the manufacturer suggests.

On my Ranger 102 FR I mounted them +4 from the line as they are way further back than I would ski a freestyle ski.

TS
Paul Tocko

Paul Tocko

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for all the advise - mounting them on the line. Now I just need to find my tyrolia jig...

Appreciate the help!!!

Paul

Sponsor