Wanted To Buy Fischer Pro Mountain 86 182 cm

Discussion in 'Phil's Garage Sale and Ski Swap' started by bjohansson, Jun 23, 2018.

1. bjohansson

bjohansson Booting up Skier

Looking for new or like new. Maximum of 1 mount please. For reference, Evo has them new for $419.99 right now so looking for a lower price. Have a pair at Magic but since the Epic Pass was $99 for retired military, I need a pair for Stowe (2 houses in VT). If selling with bindings, I need something that is compatible with tech soles (MNC or frame touring). Not interested in tech bindings although I doubt anybody puts tech bindings on these skis.

2. Gerard

Gerard At the base lodge Skier

Here is something to consider
    http://www.powder7.com/Fischer-Pro-Mtn-86-Ti-Skis-182cm-Used-2018/for-sale

3. Thread Starter
    TS
    bjohansson

Nice find, thanks! I'll be in Denver in about a month so I can actually see the condition of these skis before I buy. I have to admit, the different boot/binding compatibility norms are confusing to say the least. From what I have read, it seems like the Attack AT bindings are compatible with the ISO 9523 (tech) boot soles. If anybody knows otherwise, I'd sure like to hear from you.

4. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

The are.

5. Thread Starter
    TS
    bjohansson

Thnx Phil! The whole WTR, Grip Walk, MNC, and the different “standards” compatibility with ISO 9523 is chaos.

Brian Finch likes this.

6. Philpug

The dust is still settling, but yeah.

Brian Finch likes this.
  7. Thread Starter
    TS
    bjohansson

Just got back from an incredible weekend in Denver. Went to see Tedeschi Trucks Band at Red Rocks; phenomenal band and a bucket list venue. Before the show we were brewery hopping in Golden (no, not Coors) and stopped in to Powder 7. They happily brought out those exact skis. The bottoms were perfect and the tops had a few scuffs that honestly could be attributed to shop wear. Needless to say, I snapped them up. Many thanks for the find!

8. Kendall slay

Kendall slay Booting up Skier

Check out Amazon $375.00 free shipping, brand new!

9. Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson Getting off the lift Skier

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  10. Kendall slay

Kendall slay Booting up Skier

Mine were from The Ski Monster, just purchased thru amazon and saved a $100.00, their a good ski shop out of Boston, MA, have purchased from them for a few years now. Much success on your search.

11. Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson Getting off the lift Skier

Could Philpug or anyone explain whether $375 is a manufacturer base lowest online price which can be negotiated separately, or are there other forces in play which make $375 a popular online sales price? Just trying to learn a little.

12. Thread Starter
    TS
    bjohansson

Not the 86, these are 80s. Also only in 173...too short for what I want them for.

13. Gerard

Gerard At the base lodge Skier

I'm glad it worked out for you. The Pro Mountain 86 seems to be a favorite around here.

bjohansson likes this.
  14. Philpug

Maunufacturers subscribe to a MAP (Minimum Advertising Policy) which usually goes from fall to mid February. Past that, depending on the product, that can drop below that, IIRC (@SkiEssentials please confirm) it can drop as much as 50% from the MAP pricing if within the models year. Past that, any pricing can be advertised.

Mendieta likes this.