• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Motive 95 vs Ranger 90?

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Can anybody do a comparison of characteristics between these two? It would be as a complement to my excellent 170 cm Progressor 900s (75 mm wide under foot). I'm thinking maneuverability - even slitheriness - in bumps, trees, and mixed snow more than flotation in powder.

I ski in New England. I'm 5'7", 165 pounds, and will be 67 in a month. I'm sort of a low Level 8: great on relatively smooth hardpack regardless of how steep, icy or narrow; just fair in bumps, slop, and crud; and relatively inept in deep snow (which I only very rarely encounter).

I plan to demo some time this season. Other suggestions are welcome - I have a few models from other brands in mind, too - but I'm really curious about the difference between these two from Fischer. Thanks!

Last edited:
TS
Tominator

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Oh, and what about length in a wider softer ski with some tip and tail rocker if I'm happy with my P900s at 170 cm? Thanks again!

TS
Tominator

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
No one's skied both? Phil, feel fee to move this to, Gear Reviews and Comparisons," if that's where I should have posted it originally:doh:.
FWIW, other skis I'm considering in this category are Dynastar Powertrack 89's and Atomic Vantage 90 CTi's.
Three posts in this thread, and they're all mine; I'll shut up now - or try to, anyway - and see what, if anything, transpires:crossfingers:!